Biturbo 14x6.5 Wheels Fit?

Joseph Kenton

Daily Driver
Hi,

I might be purchasing a pair of Biturbo wheels that are 14x6.5.

I've searched around the forum and have seen a few who have fitted the 6 inch wide version, with a few rubbing problems, and one thread about the 6.5 inch versions. One poster in that thread seems to have made them the 6.5's work with 195/45 tyres. Link to the thread here: https://xwebforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/5-maserati-biturbo-wheels-sold.33322/

I have found a website with stock of 195/45/R14 tyres so I am able to source (apparently they are quite hard to get) so I was hoping that someone here had experience with fitment of these wheels and can confirm this set-up will fit without the tyres rubbing on the arches.

Cheers!

Biturbo wheels x19.jpg

Depends on the tires. The wheels fit great. I am running Toyo T1R 195/45/14. These are about 1 inch smaller in circumference than 185/60/13. This means your speedo will be off about 5%. https://www.demon-tweeks.com/us/toyo-t1-r-tyre-249757/

You even live in the right country for Demon Tweeks.

Amazing, thanks for the info. So no modifications were required at all with the 195/45 tyres? Some people talk about removing wheel arch lining or something like that.

Oh, I've also heard you need special bolts to make the wheels fit?

Correct on the bolts. They need to be a little longer than the standard wheel bolts. I have a 5mm spacer because it came on the car. Do not know if I really need it.

The car was in the first garage bay I keep clean for my wife's car. The other 2 bays do not look quite this organized.

I've bought 4 6.5x14 Biturbo wheels that are currently being blasted and powder coated. I'm fitting 185/55/14 Toyo Proxes that I bought from Demon Tweeks. The difference with the speedo is negligible with this size of tyre. I've not fitted them yet, but have removed the arch liners and have 38mm bolts off ebay, I'll keep u posted.

You could go with the really small ones for the front (195/45) and a set of taller tires for the rear 195/55 or 60 possibly to get to a better rolling diameter.

Fitted these now , no issues with rubbing on 185/55 14 tyres. Inner wing gaurds and front wheel spacers removed.

Attachments

• DSC_0570.JPG
    DSC_0570.JPG
    531.1 KB · Views: 441
  • DSC_0571.JPG
    DSC_0571.JPG
    565 KB · Views: 217
Back