Blast from the past - Niki Laudas X1/9

starzen

Just came across this forum.

When i was 18 i saw the X1/9 and fell in love with it. I bought my first used one and then later bought another one.

The second one was the one originally owned by Niki Lauda. His information was in the title papers.

Had a great time with the cars. Later bought a newer 1500 model that was totalled and moved the 1500 engine and 5 speed gearbox into the older one

Mike

Niki was no the only F1 driver from that time that owned an exxe, Gilles Villeneuve was another among a long list of famous drivers and car folks who were exxe owners.

Better question, why has the exxe remained in mass moto media obscurity and view as totally un-worthy by more than a few moto folks to this day.

Bernice

jvandyke,
That website is great. Lots of info. I am seeing some differences in my 1986 series 3 with a mix from series 2 and 1.5. Mine was involved in a bad accident at one time so it is possible for it to have a mixture of series.
Great work.
V/r, Mike

Nebraska Mike

Greg,

That is "priceless" marketing material!!! My "bella ragazza" tells me this every time it rains!!

You still have the Lauda X1/9? What a great piece of history. I would love to see photos.

Paul

no sadly not any longer. I used to own it when i was 18 in 87/88. I purchased 2 of them. I was living in Austria back then were Lauda is from as well. Actually my dad used to be in the track crew at Salzburgring and Lauda was the president of the Club there.

I sold it later and then moved to the states. No Idea what happened to it and were it is.

i will try to see if i can find any pics. i lost a lot of my old pictures and the ones i have i need to see if i can figure out which one it is

Back