Bob Martin's Abarth Swap, Getting Close

TonyK

True Classic
In between trying to keep my son's new house build progressing I have been working on Bob's car. Time is permitted when it is raining and my Son's site is just to wet and muddy to work at.

The list is getting shorter, although I am waiting for a heater valve that Bob sourced in Kentucky and is currently in the mail. I do not want to run the engine with the heater valve leaking coolant in the passenger compartment and near my gas pedal foot.

So due to interference with the intercooler plumbing the right engine cover hinge needs to be shifted 1 1/2" out board. The Engine cover requires a cut out for clearance and then it all fits together.

I also made a heat mat for the rear trunk as the sheet metal cover would need to be cut due to the module box taking up room to the lower trunk pan.

TonyK.

Grimsby Ontario Canada.
DSC00778.JPG
DSC00779.JPG
DSC00780.JPG
DSC00781.JPG
DSC00782.JPG
DSC00783.JPG
DSC00784.JPG
GOPR0956.JPG

Insulated concrete forms?
No, not ICF. I don't see many homes built this way here and I am an electrical inspector so I get to a lot of sites. Too costly and complicated for the trades to work with.

TonyK.

Grimsby Ontario Canada.

We had an ice storm that Bob drove through.

Knowing Bob, he just held his tumbler of Jim Beam out the window to add some fresh ice. :p;) Hi Bob!! :D

I guess if Bob is vacuuming, you must be nearly finished. Very exciting Tony.

Back