Bob Martin's Abarth Swap

TonyK

True Classic
Well the time has come to put fuel in the tank and coolant in the engine and see if I can start the engine.
As development goes I made some changes to Bob's car that I thought would be in the right direction. The module box in the rear of the car on my car is direct connected to the wiring harness. On Bob's car I install plugs so that the module box could be removed for access into the engine compartment through the rear trunk. All of this sounds great, but the issue is wiring colours. A green wire with a black stripe gets mixed up with a black wire with a green stripe. When 30 wires are extended if there is 1 mistake there is really 2 or more. In this case 4 wires needed to be changed.

Currently the engine is starting and running but I do not have throttle control as this car is throttle by wire. Something is a bit off, you will see this in the video when the horn starts to blow. Now I removed the fuse for the horn and it still blows, I also removed the relay for the horn and it still blows. I need to spend some time trouble shooting this. I also need a heater valve as well, but that too is another issue to put on the list. On the plus side, my car works fine without issues.

If you are so inclined check out this video of the starting process.

https://youtu.be/9PeWQtnMqvg

TonyK.

Grimsby Ontario Canada

Apparently the cat also wasn't excepting the horn to blow. :)

The engine sounds really good Tony.

Just to let you know there is NO muffler on that car, just a pipe from the CAT.

And you are correct, the cat doesn't like the horn either.

TonyK.

Grimsby Ontario Canada.

Back