Brake bleeding question?

Fiat4Fun

True Classic
So, I got some new calipers for my 850, and having a hard time getting the brake pedal hard. By pumping the brake pedal, fluid will come out of the bleed screws, so I assume the master is still ok. I can pull fluid through and empty the reservoir,

I am thinking I can hook up a vacuum pump and pull fluid through. Any other suggestions to bleed the brakes. I would like to do it myself, instead of the old two person method.

Maybe I need to do the rears first? I have not done them yet. I usually do the brake that is the greatest distance away, and work my way back.

Also, I notice a wire on the passenger side inside the front hood, against the passenger side fender, where there appears to be a brake line distribution valve? Is the wire for the brake pressure light on dash? If so, how does it attach?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
Bob

0C0C4338-58C8-4EAC-BFF6-3887F36FCCDA.jpeg

There should be a male contact on the side of the safety switch, #10, in the image above.

If you are getting good fluid from both front brakes, I would bleed the rear brakes before thinking there as another problem.

For a one-man operation I prefer the pressure method over the vacuum one, but others find otherwise so perhaps personal preference.

Back