Budget rotisserie

Likely sometime on Monday for the next iteration. Thanks!

One minor thing, what was the camera used to take them? I can do a correction on each photo for the defects caused buy the lens of the camera. IE iPhone 7, etc as they have look up tables for a variety of popular camera lens.

Thank you

Karl
It's an old Canon Powershot ELPH with a 3:1 manual zoom.

Hi
Know it's a old post and has probably been answered somewhere, but with the pivot points in the photos that look to be about bumper height how does it balance?. Concerned the body may do an out of control wild 180deg spin>
Kev

Hi Kevin,
I did the same as Rodger and used the bumper midline as the center for pivot. It is fairly balanced, but there are some considerations:
  • if you leave the glass in (front windshield and rear window) it is more "top-heavy" than if you have the glass out
  • if you leave the doors on it has more outer weight and thus is harder to balance and move.
  • obviously the engine should be out
Here's some photos when I just put it together with the doors and glass in and then with them removed. I think if you plan on leaving the doors and glass in, you'll probably want to have an adjustable pivot point where it mounts to the car. Good luck.

IMG_20151013_230858.jpg

IMG_20151013_230925.jpg

IMG_20151102_232823.jpg

If you look at my thread, it will be completed tomorrow, and the chassis up and spinning by friday/saturday.
It actually has ABS as well if you need it :)

Back