Build Thread for La Bambina Azzura.

Looks really good. I like the body lines in the top to match the trunk contour. So obviously the unit stays fixed and the trunk lid opens independent of it?

Looks really good. I like the body lines in the top to match the trunk contour. So obviously the unit stays fixed and the trunk lid opens independent of it?

Yes the trunk opens just like the Stratos where the wing stays put.

trunk open.jpg

I like it! Keep up the great work. I love the round tail lights. I know you're going for the Stratos look. You need thicker tail light rings and/or more shallow tail lights to keep the look. They look odd sticking out currently.

1589529181579.png

Now I'm thinking for an exhaust you need to have the dual outlet large muffler and have it stick out a bit.

Super cool build!

EDIT: and obviously you know where the reverse lights go :)

I like it! Keep up the great work. I love the round tail lights. I know you're going for the Stratos look. You need thicker tail light rings and/or more shallow tail lights to keep the look. They look odd sticking out currently.

Now I'm thinking for an exhaust you need to have the dual outlet large muffler and have it stick out a bit.

Super cool build!

EDIT: and obviously you know where the reverse lights go :)

I am 3D printing the rings but will wait till I receive the reflectors for the stratos trhat I have ordered. i will texture them like the stratos rings. I have also ordered the stratos backup lights to match. These are just stuck on the outside for now I have not cut out the openings as I will wait till the lights arrive. Easy to remove material but hard to put back on.

Exhaust is all sorted will be a dual outlet stainless but have to do the motor swap first.

Last edited:
Having the rear lid self rise would be nice, a pneumatic strut would be just the ticket so when you pop the release at the door it will open.

Having the rear lid self rise would be nice, a pneumatic strut would be just the ticket so when you pop the release at the door it will open.

That is a great idea! I was going to just make a pull like i did for the door pulls but just a finger loop.

That is a great idea! I was going to just make a pull like i did for the door pulls but just a finger loop.

The pull is also a great solution and in keeping with the mods you have already made as you said.

In any case the rear wing and trim out is very cool, nice job.

Last edited:
You might also be able to add a simple "popper" under the lid. They are used for shaved door handles, basically just a spring that pushes open the door slightly.

BADG1-2.jpg

I'm the wrong one to ask - I don't have it yet :D

What I did notice looking at Bobkats pic again, is that he made a custom cover panel with a smaller opening for the cupholder-

index.php

the stock ashtray is wider - so I'm not sure how I will deal with it now

IMG-20200302-173705.jpg
Ok, I’ve just order an Audi cup holder as well. Couldn’t help myself. Lookforjoe, any progress on your install? Bobcat, any more detailed pics of install? Just curious....

Isn't this the exact picture I liked at midnight? Still good looking I remember I had hesitations about the various black items in front. The spoiler, the grille and the bumper. Maybe It's because of the unusuale angle, we are not usually seeing our cars from such a low point of view. Unless working on them...

Isn't this the exact picture I liked at midnight? Still good looking I remember I had hesitations about the various black items in front. The spoiler, the grille and the bumper. Maybe It's because of the unusuale angle, we are not usually seeing our cars from such a low point of view. Unless working on them...

Ya same pic just thought I would keep one in the build thread.

I am very happy about how the front is working out. I have a bit of work on a few thing like adding back in the new tow hooks into the slot I left between the grill and the signals. They will be gold like the wheels and have the Bertone B as the opening.

1589990759434.png

Oh boy!!..have been missing on this thread. Awesome build.....cant wait for that engine to go in. Im thinking on Audi GrB engine noises but without the turbo an wastegate noises😃

@Bobkat - a quick question on your mirrors... those look like Vitaloni Baby Turbo mirrors, correct? If so, do you find the passenger mirror is visible as it is a bit lower as mounted? Thanks.

@Bobkat - a quick question on your mirrors... those look like Vitaloni Baby Turbo mirrors, correct? If so, do you find the passenger mirror is visible as it is a bit lower as mounted? Thanks.

For a shorter driver the pass mirror would be hard to use. I had Baby tornado's but a rock took out the drivers mirror a few weeks back so I put these on. I will be replacing them with glass mounded mirrors when I find a set.

Back