Build Thread for La Bambina Azzura.

Got most of the dash reupholstered today just have to cover the glovebox door.

5DCEF594-00F4-44B8-B514-B9EBBED36381.jpeg
24325C4B-C8D1-43BE-9C74-A564743CBEB4.jpeg
7EC9ABAB-E14C-4C95-98B6-D4D493B8C40D.jpeg
A706A63C-00DE-4E28-94DC-A0B5831EFD9B.jpeg
412E3351-278B-4284-8AD9-F649E1C5A13B.jpeg

Last edited:
The wheels look fabulous and are a nice accent color to the blue! I painted my '74 dash but had the hardest time getting the cluster back in. My original plan was to have a company in England recover it in leather. But because of a UPS major shipping screw up it didn't happen, if it had I don't think the cluster would have made it back in. But then my dash doesn't have the long cut out like yours does. Looking good.

The wheels look fabulous and are a nice accent color to the blue! I painted my '74 dash but had the hardest time getting the cluster back in. My original plan was to have a company in England recover it in leather. But because of a UPS major shipping screw up it didn't happen, if it had I don't think the cluster would have made it back in. But then my dash doesn't have the long cut out like yours does. Looking good.

I hope the wheels will be be back from powder coating this week. Always a hit and miss to see the final color. I have already checked the cluster and if slips bake in just fine. I still have not figured out the final color for the block part where the cluster goes. For now it will stay the new black but I may change it to the Porsche Cork color that I will be using on some other bits.

Got spare tire sub woofer box done. It comes out like the spare and the bottom is flat to take a can of “fix a flat’

A1DB2F94-6F6C-4243-937D-86825DAC00C6.jpeg

Looks good. I really need to redo the vinyl on mine, however I'm not keen on loosing the accents that break up the surface. Sewing on this scale is not one of my fortes - so I haven't done anything about it yet...

Also got going on some plastic welding, retexturing and recolor. I am waiting on the second dye color to arrive but have started on the black pieces. I will be doing CF door card inserts but figured I would fix and Dye the cards. Sorry for the pic dump.

index.php

I didn't realize the edges were broken - both mine look like your 'pre' photo - I assumed that was just the poor hack job the worker at the factory did to fit the inserts on the production line :D

Looks good. I really need to redo the vinyl on mine, however I'm not keen on loosing the accents that break up the surface. Sewing on this scale is not one of my fortes - so I haven't done anything about it yet...

I am only recovering things like the dash, and new pieces like the armrest and center/center console, rear speaker deck pad and the speaker kick pads. For all the other pieces like the rear parts are all re-dyes. I am using Leatherique leather and vinyl dyes. I have a bunch of Audi RS black for some Recaro refreshs, and some Porsche cork dye for some other bits. The stuff works great. Easy to apply with brush or spray.

Made some progress this weekend on the X. Got the rear speakers installed, made grills for them and rear padded covers for the rear deck. The White vinyl will be Porsche Cork Tan when dyed. Got the center console extension and armrest all fabed wired and upholstered. Once again will be dyed the Cork tan. Got the center console Carbon Fiber cut and fit, with the new retractable cup holder. The CF will be matte topcoated and the brown OEM will be the Porsche Cork Tan once again. Got the Wheels mounted with new rubber. Still have to remove the OEM spacers and cut the bolts down. Got the meaty look I was going for.\

rearspeakers.jpg

conslole_ex.jpg

center_console.jpg

front.jpg

rearwheel.jpg

Can you give details on the cup holder that replaced the ashtray? Searching online, I'm not seeing anything remotely like it. I'd like to get one of those :D

Also, what years had that older style center console switch plate? I put my window switches there anyway, so converting the hazard, dimmer & defrost to that style would make sense for me...

Last edited:
Can you give details on the cup holder that replaced the ashtray? Searching online, I'm not seeing anything remotely like it. I'd like to get one of those :D

Also, what years had that older style center console switch plate? I put my window switches there anyway, so converting the hazard, dimmer & defrost to that style would make sense for me...

Min is a 1979. The retactable cup holder is an Audi. They are in mid 90’s to mid 2000’s

F1D31550-37EF-4FB1-9469-2A10B56AA94F.jpeg
7CAA32E4-6A45-49D8-8720-3ACE0C8ADC80.jpeg

Back