Build Thread for La Bambina Azzura.

Have assembled all the stainless bits to do the grill exit exhaust. The back half will remain after the engine swap.

798A4CCB-A873-488B-B6E0-400ECFF5DBC0.jpeg

Attachments

• 2A42DF79-C340-4711-95EB-5890CDA23DA8.jpeg
    2A42DF79-C340-4711-95EB-5890CDA23DA8.jpeg
    324 KB · Views: 94
I don't recall seeing detail pics of the vent/louvre design - I'm assuming the engine cover goes bye-bye with the new pieces in place?

I don't recall seeing detail pics of the vent/louvre design - I'm assuming the engine cover goes bye-bye with the new pieces in place?

Yes the cover is gone in this design to make room for the ITBs and the horns. Plus I want to look back and see them. This is just a final final PS with the CAD file layed over. I am waiting in materials to finish the side extentions and the roof spoiler.

I love the thoughtful quality work you do but I don't think this redesign is good but I fully support your madness regardless.

I know it is not everyones cup of tea. A lot of what I am doing is to support the engine swap. I need height for the 5 ITBs and Trumpets. I need more air flow into the engine bay and will have it from the sides and the roof spoiler. The X has a serious air pocket behind the window that sucks fumes back into the cabin.

Maybe the next setup I am going to do for the X body will more to your taste. An adjustable chassis mount front splitter and an adjustable chassis mount goose neck rear wing. Both will be easily removable for street use.

Looking really good. One small observation - your Abarth badge on the r/r panel is not parallel to the vertical seams, it's leaning right a couple degrees. I assume you will get right on that :D

New exhaust installed and it is loud but livable will be perfect for the 2.5 swap. One another car of mine's custom exhaust was described a "mountain lion and a bear fighting in a 50 gallon drum", this one was described by a friend as " It’s a nice song! Like Lana Del Ray mixed with some F1/WRC noises " It looks right and sounds right to me.

No man, that sounds good and loud is subjective isnt it? My neighbors grandkids moved in for a year while their house was being built and of course the boy has an open pipe mustang gt. All I could think was that if you really hate your kids, let them drive loud obnoxious cars or motorcycles with open pipes.

No man, that sounds good and loud is subjective isnt it? My neighbors grandkids moved in for a year while their house was being built and of course the boy has an open pipe mustang gt. All I could think was that if you really hate your kids, let them drive loud obnoxious cars or motorcycles with open pipes.

Actually loud can be measured and this is loud. As loud as a track no muffler or resonator ACR srt4 track car.

Back