Build Thread for La Bambina Azzura.

You took your seats (from earlier pics) and added grommets like the hard shell seats previously installed? What is it like to sit on? Hard to tell for sure, I'm assuming those are leather, not vinyl?

You took your seats (from earlier pics) and added grommets like the hard shell seats previously installed? What is it like to sit on? Hard to tell for sure, I'm assuming those are leather, not vinyl?

Yes the hard shell seats are just not quite right so i am going to remake the hard shell to fit the x perfectly with sliders leaving the original slider intact. I love them but they need to be shaped for the X.

I the mean time I wanted to make some adjustments to the OEM seats to make them better. They are vinyl and the grommets are nickel. While I had the covers off I took the opportunity to cut some metal off the bottom pan to allow it to slide back farther. I had already relocated the seat belt re-tractor to a higher position but it still was contacting the seat back so I made a deep indent in that area. I also removed an reshaped some of the foam. I took 3/4 of an inch off the center pads and shaved the back bolsters back to make more room and make you sit deeper in the seat. I used the removed foam with some stiffer foam to rebuild the drivers outer lower bolster back up. You do not even notice grommets but the foam rework really feels different and more planted in the seat. The extra room is great. A game of inches in these X's each little bit adds up.

Could you elaborate on what needs to be modified on the other seats to fit the X?
I would like to wait for your experiences before I spend the big bucks to have these shipped to Germany.
Thanks!

Could you elaborate on what needs to be modified on the other seats to fit the X?
I would like to wait for your experiences before I spend the big bucks to have these shipped to Germany.
Thanks!

The lean of the back is not quite right. I will remove the coverings and modify the shell to fit the angle of the cars pan and the back wall. Most likely 10 degrees or so. I will most likely widen them a bit at the elbow. I will probable make a mold from one of the modified backs and make some CF buckets. Then put the cover back on. I love the look but really need to be fit properly to the X. Wish there was a Faza seat around to compare.

Would it work to tilt the whole seat a little rather than remake the shell with a different seatback rake? By tilt I mean lift the front mounts a little, but not the rears. This is what I am doing for another set of aftermarket seats in my X.

Things all freshened up and ready to go back in. Just have to finish cleaning 40 years of axle grease and dirt out of the out of the bay and scan it.

View attachment 44111
You need to buy this from me 😊
IMG_20210307_102305143.jpg

Would it work to tilt the whole seat a little rather than remake the shell with a different seatback rake? By tilt I mean lift the front mounts a little, but not the rears. This is what I am doing for another set of aftermarket seats in my X.
I have tried every angle on three sets of seats, spacers front and back two types of sliders, no sliders etc. Nothing works perfectly so time to actually make a seat for the X that will also slide.

Thanks.
So does the seat back on those seats lean too far back, or is the seat back too much upright?

they lean to far back
Ok, now I get what's going on. I misunderstood that they were leaning too far forward. Which is why I suggested tilting the whole seat backward. That was the situation for the aftermarket seats I am using, so tilting rearward helped.

This is one advantage to seats with adjustable backrests. But "race" type seats are a different animal.

why? I have a cover already. Somebody needs to by my whole 1500 trans and all.

they lean to far back. I had the same issue with the vintage 911 style buckets. Those would be next to impossible to alter.
Yeah but the painted gold cover you show has the provision for the air pump (i.e. that big cut out part on the rear of it). The cover I have is for an 1100/1300 without the air pump. Just thought it might appeal to you.
😊

Yeah but the painted gold cover you show has the provision for the air pump (i.e. that big cut out part on the rear of it). The cover I have is for an 1100/1300 without the air pump. Just thought it might appeal to you.
😊
Ah I see now. When I pull the engine out for the swap I will be working on a ITB, EFI setup and will be mounting a Cam sensor in that spot.

So after trying to get the car with the 1500 still in it running right I broke down and took a drill to the carb. We put a vacuum gauge on the advance port and vacuum was week in fact so week that in order to get even close to 15 In Hg had to have way to much advance. All fixed. I looked all over the carb to find a good location to drill another port. Found a good spot above the primary that would work, drilled an small orifice then drilled and tapped partially though and used a small barb from a RC plane. All the copper gasket stuff is gasket spray the barb had a small seal and I have learned al long time ago from chasing leaks that every gasket, copper washer, aluminum washer or seal gets a nice coat of copper gasket spray. Drives like a dream now just dialing in the jets now.

vac_port.jpg
caIn Hg

The lean of the back is not quite right. I will remove the coverings and modify the shell to fit the angle of the cars pan and the back wall. Most likely 10 degrees or so. I will most likely widen them a bit at the elbow. I will probable make a mold from one of the modified backs and make some CF buckets. Then put the cover back on. I love the look but really need to be fit properly to the X. Wish there was a Faza seat around to compare.
I know where some FAZA seats are. What do you need (assuming you are not in Western NC to try them out.

So after trying to get the car with the 1500 still in it running right I broke down and took a drill to the carb. We put a vacuum gauge on the advance port and vacuum was week in fact so week that in order to get even close to 15 In Hg had to have way to much advance. All fixed. I looked all over the carb to find a good location to drill another port. Found a good spot above the primary that would work, drilled an small orifice then drilled and tapped partially though and used a small barb from a RC plane. All the copper gasket stuff is gasket spray the barb had a small seal and I have learned al long time ago from chasing leaks that every gasket, copper washer, aluminum washer or seal gets a nice coat of copper gasket spray. Drives like a dream now just dialing in the jets now.

View attachment 46581caIn Hg
Just to be clear, the stock vacuum port location for the distributor advance was the one that was way too low? If that's correct, I'm curious why it was so low? Is this the original carb or something non stock? Thanks

Just to be clear, the stock vacuum port location for the distributor advance was the one that was way too low? If that's correct, I'm curious why it was so low? Is this the original carb or something non stock? Thanks
Non stock. Not sure what it was from. Seems to have had a lot of modifications. The original distributor also was a non vacuum advance. I imagine this has a euro can, had a euro distributor and a euro carb. Closest thig it looks like would be from a lancia.

Any way all good now. But took delivery of a low K forged crank 5 cylinder today so that will start now.

They are for sale in a package deal with a bunch of other stuff. ( a 79 body, a hot Al C motor, 4 magnesium CD-30's, and the seats) it would be alot to get over the border, but if you find someone stateside, I can at least help get it loaded.

Back