Camshaft Identification 4331512

here is a bargain
Not nice to post a bargain just after someone bought:)

Finally got the cosmoline off - I found that a "sous-vide" approach (like the fancy cooking method) worked well - put the cam in a bag, and soaked it in 150 deg water for a while. The cosmoline and stuck paper just wiped off. the film that was left wiped off easily with WD-40.

The only identifying marks are two paint spots:
cam.jpg

Probably the marks are to allow identification in the assembly plant.

Or maybe it is the elusive "orange" cam that was hand-crafted by Abarth, and reportedly good for 100HP ;);)

Got around to measuring my new cam.
I found the following:
  1. lift, with no clearance: intake 9.75mm, exhaust 9.55 mm. Not sure why they are different - it this normal? edit: remeasured, and did an additional set of lobes: exhaust lift = 9.75
  2. Duration at 0.5mm (0.020") clearance: intake 270, exhaust 250.edit: ditto above, exhaust duration 266 to 270
  3. lobe separation angle : 110 degrees - should be 112, I think. Likely just measurement accuracy. edit: more measurements show 110 degrees.
Measurements are +/- 1 degree, so likely the durations are actually 272, as they should be.

Is there any reason to set the cam timing at something other than just splitting the lobe separation angle at TDC?

Last edited:
Back