Camshafts Alquati A44/4/M

geo

Low Mileage
a44.jpg
98359f7f-b2bb-4b79-a1e9-e3e8b0876cfb.jpg
98359f7f-b2bb-4b79-a1e9-e3e8b0876cfb.jpg a44.jpg
Does anyone have the specifications on these cams?
What should the valve clearances be?
Thanks!

Last edited:
I have many sets of alquati cams. the clearances range from .016-.012" personally i do things a little different. I set them up cold, then get engine up to temperature and remeasure. because hot is where they run. I look for .006-.008 hot. Just my opinion

Last edited:
Reactions: geo
I have many sets of alquati cams. the clearances range from .016-.012" personally i do things a little different. I set them up cols, then get engine up to temperature and remeasure. because hot is where they run. I look for .006-.008 hot. Just my opinion
I think that is a reasonable approach. For performance, you want them as tight as possible while still making sure they close all the way so they don't burn. I run mine .014" exhaust, .012" intake cold based on some advice years ago from Joe Serra. His feeling was that the stock specs were set loose because many of these engines may never have their valves adjusted again once they leave the factory - probably some truth to that.

OK thank you!.

Do I need adjustable cam pulleys?
If you don't have a shaved head, block, or cam box, I would expect it to time up with the stock pulley. An adjustable cam pulley would let you tweak the timing if you needed. If you have shaved parts, you may need an adjustable pulley, and if they are shaved enough, you may need a 1300 tensioner which can take up more slack.

ce0dc555094b97320c83d0778cbec5fe-11.jpg

alquati-cams-by-bayless small.jpg

thank you for sharing your knowledge.

I found these cams are a basic "77" grind Pittatore (80/40 - Degrees Duration 300 - Lift MM 10.35), but specific to montecarlo as they have the distributor drive gear on the intake cam.

My motor is a stock 1585 105tc with 9.3:1 CR, with the standard (for this head) 43.5mm intake valves, shaved head one time (I believe to the minimum), twin 40 IDF (34 chokes).
Could I run them, on both sides?

I saw an old ad from Bayless that written:
"minimum compression 8:1" for these cams.

Last edited:
You swapped a 1.6 into your Monte? Or are these cams being used for another car? Reason I ask is that I have a set of 40-80/80-40 Alquati cams with the standard exhaust-driven distributor gear (instead of intake-driven, as on your cams) if those will work better for your application.

1.6 in a X1/9.
Probably, I'll use only the exhaust cam as inlet cam.
stock 105tc dizzy location.

105 x.jpg

Last edited:
The Monte-specific cams won't work with your end-drive 105TC distributor, I don't think. I sent you a PM...

Back