Canned paint for the front tunnel - suggestions?

tvmaster

True Classic
The front tunnel underneath the windshield, housing the wiper mechanisms etc. - It needs a touch up, but using spray cans is out of the question for my application. What would be an acceptable black paint that comes in a small can for that purpose, which of course collects moisture from wiper fluid runoff and the elements. Does it have to be auto paint? Can it be any rust paint? But canned, not spray...

When I did mine, I had a little surface rust that I addressed with a grinder and wire brush because some of the surface rust was still there after the wire brushing I painted just the Rusted area with POR15. I used a good quality spray primer on the rest. Coated it with Rustoleum then sprayed two layers of undercoating over it all.

The main reason I used the undercoating to finish every thing is it is more resistant to brake fluid then the paints are. The paints protect the metal and the under coating protects the paint.

The main reason I used the undercoating to finish every thing is it is more resistant to brake fluid then the paints are. The paints protect the metal and the under coating protects the paint.
You said 'spray'? Can't do that :(

You said 'spray'? Can't do that :(
I would be good with hand brushed on paint in a couple of thin coats. The Rustoleum choice in body color (or close) would be preferable and then hand paint on Body Schutz undercoating which is black. This way when something bright green shows up you know there is an issue to be chased.

I would be good with hand brushed on paint in a couple of thin coats. The Rustoleum choice in body color (or close) would be preferable and then hand paint on Body Schutz undercoating which is black. This way when something bright green shows up you know there is an issue to be chased.
It's just the black bits that need touching up, and one coat would be plenty. No apparent rust, just a refresher for beauty's sake :)

Back