Car SOS

Car S.O.S/National Geographics is available on Disney+ as well. Luckily my children have a subscription and they created a profile for me so I can stream it from home for free.

Car SOS has a strong following over here, unfortunately, you have to be terminally ill or have a severe disability to appear on the show. It’s really sad at times.

Car SOS has a strong following over here, unfortunately, you have to be terminally ill or have a severe disability to appear on the show. It’s really sad at times.
How does ‘Salvage Hunters’ do in the U.K.?

It has its followers but I’m not a great lover of it. It’s on Discovery+ not a channel freely available without a subscription but it’s done well enough for them to release a new series, it may also be on Quest a freeview channel over here...

I am lucky that I have Disney+ due to my daughters request to get it. I like Car SOS but I do agree that it is very sad to hear the stories about the people that are sick and sometimes even die before the car restoration is complete. Makes you think about what is important in life and appreciate what you have while you have it as nothing during this lifetime is forever. We must all make good and wise choices as in the end that is what really matters. I look forward to the episode this season with the X1/9. Thanks for the heads up Don!

George

A lot of car build-up shows deal with legacy cars. I personally don't get it because I never felt that way about cars. My dad had an XKE but sold it many years before he passed away. My mom asked if I wanted his XJ6, which he loved, but I shuddered at the thought of dealing with that turkey. I tell my wife when I go to just put my cars out with the trash, my kids are not into old cars but they will ask to drive the Miata on a nice convertible day. Your memories of lost love ones should be in your heart, not in your garage.

But then, maybe I'm the out of sync one on this issue.

People are different in what triggers memories. I have somethings that are sentimental to me and bring back memories. What works for me may not work for anyone else.

A lot of car build-up shows deal with legacy cars. I personally don't get it because I never felt that way about cars. My dad had an XKE but sold it many years before he passed away. My mom asked if I wanted his XJ6, which he loved, but I shuddered at the thought of dealing with that turkey. I tell my wife when I go to just put my cars out with the trash, my kids are not into old cars but they will ask to drive the Miata on a nice convertible day. Your memories of lost love ones should be in your heart, not in your garage.

But then, maybe I'm the out of sync one on this issue.

Utter insanity. I so wish I had family heirloom cars. A friend of mine has his dad's Crossle sports racer he bought from
the factory new. He takes it to a few vintage races a year and that story is just awesome.

I would have totally taken his XJ6.

I do have Thor, the knockoff hammer from my dad's first XKE. Oddly enough, that is the memory item from my dad's car days.

. I tell my wife when I go to just put my cars out with the trash, my kids are not into old cars but they will ask to drive the Miata on a nice convertible day.
What about me? I can "store" these cars permanently.:cool:

I thought you lost your industrial parking lot. OK, I'll change the will to say "call Todd, he will take it all".

An emotionally charged episode. The SOS team seem to have done a stunning job on the car, good write up in the UK club magazine and this on the facebook page....

An emotionally charged episode. The SOS team seem to have done a stunning job on the car, good write up in the UK club magazine and this on the facebook page....

Thanks so much for posting the link. It was a great episode, with the exception of the owner passing away.

Steve reminded me of our late Damon Royal Kane who had to rely on his friends to help him finish the restoration of is car because he was so weak at a time, he couldn't unscrew a bolt. And in the end, he was in an electric chair, but I will always remember the time we had together replacing a brake line, bleeding the system, timing the engine... We all share the passion for these little cars. Thanks for sharing the link!🥲

Back