carbs for 850s?

iburyem73

Daily Driver
Were these all from 850s? all Webers except the one solex with the abarth stamp on the bottom. will be selling all but really want to know what I have and if any stand out. also a rough value...I will def be fair on them but want to recoup some of my costs in my purchase.

Re: Carb ID's

Were these all from 850s? all Webers except the one solex with the abarth stamp on the bottom. will be selling all but really want to know what I have and if any stand out. also a rough value...I will def be fair on them but want to recoup some of my costs in my purchase.

As far as Fiat 850-related items go, here is a breakdown of what you have:

A = 1966-69 Fiat 850 Spider, Coupe & Special with 843cc or 817cc engine.
B = 1970-73 Fiat 850 Sport Spider, Racer & Sport Coupe with 903cc engine.

The intake manifolds with the extra ports on the side are for the smog/emissions equipment-ladened USA 903cc cars.

For the remaining items, the breakdown goes:

C = Fiat 600 (hot-rod) or Abarth 750, depending on which Solex model the carb is. This alloy type of Abarth manifold was sold back in the day either separately or as part of the 750cc transformation kit for the early Fiat 600 633cc engines. Money-maker #1. :wink2:

D = Fiat 1100 (Weber 32IMPE). In modified form, this carb was also used on...

E = Abarth 750. Weber 32IMPE carb (originally used on Fiat 1100), with modified throttle linkage & choke cable set-up. Unfortunately, yours is missing the small but important L-shaped bracket that holds the end of the choke cable outer sheath in the proper position/orientation for use with this carb. Still, the carb & manifold appear to be in good, clean condition which is a plus. The black steel/cast iron intake manifold is an original Abarth factory-fitted item on the 750cc engines in their coachbuilt cars. Money-maker #2. :wink2:

It appears you also have a second separate manifold like this, probably intended by the previous owner to be used with carb D if/when it was modified correctly. (I'd be interested in buying this manifold for my own 750, if available?) :whistle:

F = Fiat 600 or 600D. I'd need to know the cast-in part number to be able to tell which engine it goes to. The part # is often found on the side of the manifold; 100.000 is 600, 100.D.100 is 600D.

Re: Air cleaner

Dergo (brand) aftermarket cast-aluminum air filter housing for all Fiat 850's with Weber 30DIC or 30DIC/A carburetor. Neat-looking, but not the best at filtering the intake compared to a good paper-type filter.

Yours is missing the red sticker on the bottom:

Thanks so much Jeff...and yes I will sell that intake to you. All of these are extras. I am sure I have that small linkage that is missing to the carb as well.

I am sure I have that small linkage that is missing to the carb as well.

Just so you have an idea what to look for, the choke cable L-bracket looks like this:

This particular one was chromed by a previous owner, but they're normally painted black (or rusty with bits of flaky black paint on them - haha).

I will be loading more pics tomorrow on my facebook page of a lot of other small parts. The person that had this car and parts also had 600s and double bubbles, as well as other abarths. Who knows what all I will find and will most likely need assistance in figuring out what its to. These parts have not seen daylight for 25 years plus.

Cast numbers on the side of F are...
Cast number is 100D000, 4109405, 2B

Get me your address and I'll send you the one you want for helping out soooo much! Thanks again.

Re: Exhaust manifolds

just pulled these out of a box. all three in good condition...are they all to 850 903s and what years?

None of these are for Fiat 850's. :hrmph:

This 4-2 manifold is for the Fiat 600/600D-based Abarth 750 & Abarth 850TC cars:

These two are the stock manifold for Fiat 600/600D cars:

Solex...

Hmm...:hmm: I could use this carb for another car, if the corrosion's not too bad? (The vog in your area tends to eat exposed metal over time, particularly aluminum. That's why your Racer is so rusted-out in certain areas like it is).

Would you consider separating the carb & manifold & just selling me the carb? (the manifold won't work for me in my application, so it's of no use to me, but it would still bring in some $ for you if sold by itself since other carbs will fit it too).

what would be a fair value you would put on the carbs/manifolds i have...i know that is a tough ? to ask...just trying to figure out how to value and not finding many comps

Ha!

seems like i have more 600 and abarth stuff than i expected LOL

Well, that can either be a bad thing or a good thing depending on how you look at it...

"Bad" in that these parts won't fit your Racer. :(

"Good" in that selling the parts off will at least help you recoup some of your initial purchase price, & they're not parts that you'll later regret selling (because, again, they don't fit your car anyway). :pimp:

Re: 600D intake manifold

Cast numbers on the side of F are...
Cast number is 100D000, 4109405, 2B

Ok, so this is the stock intake manifold for a Fiat 600D. It is normally fitted to a Weber 28ICP carb (in case you find other carbs in your parts boxes). Not a big-$ item, but folks restoring a 600D or "hopping-up" an earlier 600 engine with this larger carb can use them.

Get me your address and I'll send you the one you want for helping out soooo much! Thanks again.

Sweet!:headbang: Thanks! Check your PM for my mailing info.

Back