carbs for 850s?

Re: 750 intake manifold?

Jamie,

So here it is almost a month later, & I'm wondering if you're actually going to send this 750 intake manifold to me as promised, or not? :confuse2:

Not to seem ungrateful, but I did inquire about buying it at first, then you offered to just send it to me for ID'ing parts for you, which I thought was great. Well, you sent me a manifold (manifold "F" for the Fiat 600D), but not the 750 manifold I'd asked about & which you had then reconfirmed with me about via email before sending the package to me.

After receiving the wrong manifold, I sent you a PM about it (via the Xweb system) but got absolutely no reply. I even mailed that manifold back to you (arrived last Monday according to USPS), still no reply.

So what gives??? :confused:

For the remaining items, the breakdown goes:

IMG_20150216_163915135_copy2.jpg

E = Abarth 750. Weber 32IMPE carb (originally used on Fiat 1100), with modified throttle linkage & choke cable set-up. Unfortunately, yours is missing the small but important L-shaped bracket that holds the end of the choke cable outer sheath in the proper position/orientation for use with this carb. Still, the carb & manifold appear to be in good, clean condition which is a plus. The black steel/cast iron intake manifold is an original Abarth factory-fitted item on the 750cc engines in their coachbuilt cars. Money-maker #2. :wink2:

It appears you also have a second separate manifold like this, probably intended by the previous owner to be used with carb D if/when it was modified correctly. (I'd be interested in buying this manifold for my own 750, if available?) :whistle:

F = Fiat 600 or 600D. I'd need to know the cast-in part number to be able to tell which engine it goes to. The part # is often found on the side of the manifold; 100.000 is 600, 100.D.100 is 600D.

Thanks so much Jeff...and yes I will sell that intake to you. All of these are extras.

Get me your address and I'll send you the one you want for helping out soooo much! Thanks again.

I had thought I had sent you the right one and was total ly confused when I got it back. I did not see the pm from you as I didn't get an email notification of it. I will pull the box of those out and find the right one. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

did you receive the correct one in the mail? It was totally an oversight on my part in sending you the wrong one to begin with. I want to be very clear that I am fair in my parts sales and I stick by my word...:) enjoy!

Speaking of 850 carbs...

What are the primary differences between a Weber 36 DCD 3 and a 36 DCD 7? Is there any reason to chose one over the other? I see both on eBay from time to time and they seem to be the hot downdraft carb for 850s.

Back