Carlisle Import Show May 17-19

lookforjoe

True Classic
Anyone on here going?

Was going to take the C30, but AWD won't be done, so I'll take the nicely painted X1/9 instead :D

Volvo was moved two years ago up by the Fiat contingent, so get to be near both groups :)

For the first time in many years I won’t be able to make it. Hopefully there is good weather and a good turnout. Look forward to pictures.

Happy to report that one of our own, Brian Benson (forum handle bensonbe), Prez of the FCA-Central PA Chapter, won "First Place-Euro-Other" at the just-concluded 2019 Carlisle Import and Performance Nationals! Since the category includes all European/British cars other than the Germans and the Swedes, that's not an easy feat! Brian has the honor of being the current owner of the late Damon Kane's X1/9.

Other Italian car aficionados also "done good!" Three generations of Italian car enthusiasts, Don Meluzio, his son and grandson, brought their 1968 Bizzarrini GT Strada 5300 (one of 133 produced) to the Italian aisle at Carlisle. It was named as one of the Carlisle Elite for 2019. And Jonathan Ranney won second place in "low car limbo" with his lime green 1970 OTAS 820.

Other forum members who also brought their cars: myself, Hussein (lookforjoe), Haz Neuman (hazn), and Mr. Under-The-Radar:) himself, Adam (adam/x). Haz has been battling some serious medical issues lately, but he's a trooper!

Mike (eastep) was there, too, but recent left-leg surgery ruled out coming in the X. Heal up soon, Mike.

Last edited:
Was great to meet more X-heads - Carl & others I've not met before. Next year I'll probably take the C30, as long as the AWD is done. Prolly be the following year for K24 X1/9 :D

Back