Cars and Coffee Asheville, NC

rocco79/138

True Classic
Everything on the internet(web) says they have a new location but not being an FBer nothing is current on the old web. I think they have asked not to return to this "new location"... Probably due to the behavior of the Miata drivers...as near as I can tell Frostbite Ice cream on Patton Ave is the new new location. Kevin said that it was at the bowling alley on Patton Ave. This may amount to the same location if the ice cream place is near the bowling alley. It should be this Saturday July 15th, 8:00 to 10:00 AM
I am actually going to be in the area for this and will try both(or the same) place/s Saturday.
Regards

Very nice little gathering. Only one other Italian there...
IMG_20170715_083028180.jpg
There were some other subtle car there as well...
IMG_20170715_083006953.jpg
This one was interesting to see the exhaust because it was nearly absent. Just headers dumping into what I can only assume were some sort of supertrap things...
Regards

Went to Cars and Coffee this morning. Nice turn out and good coffee! I got there early and after a quick look around I realized I was the Italian and the Fiat and the X1/9 section! This guy showed up and parked next to me. I found it interesting when this happened because it put a car similar to my first car next to a car similar to the second car I owned.
IMG_20170819_085402688.jpg
In a brief conversation on my way out the owner,Mike, told me he paid $20,000 for the tub which he stripped and rebuilt... He told me he got his license in '78 and he could have purchased the same car ('71 Camaro) for $1000... I told him I bought mine in '77 for $200... Ahh the good old days!
Though I like the look and my memory of my old
American muscle cars the reality is that my X , even at near 40years old, still drives as good as it looks! Unlike the big American car the X actually drives and rides better than most people think such a small car might drive. Hope everyone else is having a great weekend as well!
Regards

Dude! We missed you by a little bit.

Drove Jeep (I had 2 kids in tow) and arrived at 9. Left at 10. Parked right beside green Jeep for sale.

Hope to see you next time.

Ahhh! Like just missed! I think I left at 9:00. I will probably be at Hendersonville again next month... Lance, the Audi guy told a story about Jonathan. It is fun to hear from another perspective.

Back