cd66

I like that style. I have no idea how shipping compares, but the price shown is very good.

By chance are they also available in larger diameters?

wow, what a crazy coincidence that this Marketplace seller and MWB have the same carpet. Maybe it's some sort of rare Abarth carpet that only a few people have. Maybe I should track down the seller & see if he's also selling the carpet? Or, just keep messaging to ask if the item is still available? Is piracy a form a flattery the same as imitation? To be fair, I can completely relate to lifting MWB's photo if I'd bought the wheels, had them in a spot that's lousy for a photo & were trying to sell them.

all that said, I do love the "real" (I guess technically, they are faux-faithful reproductions?) CD66s both for the "F U, if you want to clean me" look and the ideal size for some of our cars. I always think of these as the ideal 124 Coupe (or, well, Spider too) wheel, but I suppose they are equally menacing for X1/9s.

Yes all reproducion is made from aluminum, originals was from magnesium, if you find set of 7 or 8 original in magnesium, they worth nice money today.

It is very hard to find good wheels originals, often are inner edges eaten from tyres, I see many times on cromodoras and similar wheels in magnesium

Before you buy 13x7 or 13x8 wheels, be sure you can get tires that fit. I have 13x8 wheels on my flared x but I waited a long time before buying them to make sure I could get tires that would work and that weren't race tires. Coincidentally, about that time the BFG Comp TAs were again being manufactured and included 205/60/13 size. Probably not a big deal for 7" rims but just barely fit right on my 8" rims without looking like "stretched" tires that custom car guys are all about.

That's why I asked if anyone has seen these wheels in larger diameters. I also have a set of wide 13" wheels (different style) and struggle with the tire selection.
Carl, please remind me which 13" tires you got specifically (and where from), and what your impression of them is. Thanks.

Regarding the wheels listed in the original post. As has been noted, the shipping would likely make them too expensive to the US. If you European guys want to use them on one of your cars then it is a good opportunity, but if you are only thinking of reselling them you might be looking at a very small market. How many Fiat (4X98 bolt pattern) owners will be wanting to buy them? Otherwise they would have already sold.

That's why I asked if anyone has seen these wheels in larger diameters. I also have a set of wide 13" wheels (different style) and struggle with the tire selection.
Carl, please remind me which 13" tires you got specifically (and where from), and what your impression of them is. Thanks.

Regarding the wheels listed in the original post. As has been noted, the shipping would likely make them too expensive to the US. If you European guys want to use them on one of your cars then it is a good opportunity, but if you are only thinking of reselling them you might be looking at a very small market. How many Fiat (4X98 bolt pattern) owners will be wanting to buy them? Otherwise they would have already sold.
Here is one in Latvia :D, but I prefer to go with 15”

I got the BFG Comp TAs in 205/60/13. Got them from Tire Rack although they are available from other places. I'm not going with a super period correct vibe and had the white lettering on the inside, I'll leave exposed white lettering for the Trans Am owners.

IMG_0934[2].JPG

Got them from Tire Rack although they are available from other places. I'm not going with a super period correct vibe and had the white lettering on the inside
Thanks Carl. I like the overall size/profile. Looks right on the car to me. I'll have to measure what mine will need in terms of tire size, the wheels I have were for racing and quite wide. So I may not be able to use them, we'll see.

205/60 on all 4 wheels?
Remember that his car has flares, so the fronts may have a lot more clearance for that wide of tire.

CG, yes on all four corners. They don't make a 185/60/13 and if they did they would have been too narrow for 8" wide rims. Don't forget, I have flares and the steel fenders were cut back....although it was still a tight fit, had to do a lot of trimming on the glass flares in the front.

All I'm trying to point out is that if you want to buy really wide rims, make sure you can find the tires to fit first.

thanks. yeah, I knew, just thinking about the tires themselves for the X, so interesting. No assumptions or judgement...heck, seeing your car makes me want to take the knife (instead of the hammer...which has at times been the case) to one of my Xs!

Back