Christmas time

Discussion in 'Discussion Forum' started by Yves, Dec 8, 2018 at 3:33 AM.

1. Yves

Yves True Classic

Finally I just pull the trigger for the extremely rare Ring and Pinion 17/61 3.58 from Fiat Strada available at MWB.
    I allready have a 5 speeds trany spare in my basement. That will be my Christmas gift for my winter project.

I wish that will be a fair combo with 1500 engine with MWB performance head, D223 Cam and lightened flywheel, already operational for more then 3 years.

My objective is to have my X to be highway pleasure trip and less noisy at 75mph.

If i'm not satisfy after the next summer season I will put back my original trany.
    I hope I will not regret it!

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018 at 4:01 AM
    Brayden_connolly likes this.
  2. JimD

JimD Waiting for Godot... Moderator

I hope it works out for you Yves. I need some elves to stop by my garage and do all the little Fiat projects before spring. I am not in the mood this year. :)

3. Rodger

Rodger True Classic

I also have the MWB performance head and cam on my '79 and switched to the Strada ring and pinion. I find it much more relaxing to cruise at highway speeds and the car still seems to have good acceleration. I am happy with it and I think you will be, too.

4. Yves

Yves True Classic

Hi Rodger it reassures me to have a comment from someone who also have this configuration. I admit that inside me I was worried about being disappointed.
    I imagine when climbing a slope of about 10-15 degrees we have to be downshift sometimes to a lower gear.

Thanks for the encouraging comment

Yves

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018 at 3:39 AM