CL - 1976 Fiat X 1/9 - $4,500 (Manhattan, KS)

‘spare’ wheel on the $38k MWB extravaganza
Pretty much exactly like the spare that came with my '86 (they are Pirelli not Michelin). You would have a hard time fitting a wider tire in there, the space was never deepened when wider wheels were fitted standard, they stayed with the 145/80-13 as the spare.

Pretty much exactly like the spare that came with my '86 (they are Pirelli not Michelin). You would have a hard time fitting a wider tire in there, the space was never deepened when wider wheels were fitted standard, they stayed with the 145/80-13 as the spare.
Did you get a different wheel in the spare slot as compared to the wheels on the car? On this ‘museum’ car, which of the two were likely the correct ones….

Did you get a different wheel in the spare slot as compared to the wheels on the car? On this ‘museum’ car, which of the two were likely the correct ones….
The spare wheel in the photo is correct for an '85. Steel wheel with a Pirelli tire. The spare in my '85 still had the original tire when the car came to me in '08.

Last edited:
The spare wheel in the photo is correct for an '85. Steel wheel with a Pirelli tire. The spare in my '85 still had the original tire when the car came to me in '08.
Yes that is the wheel on all four of my 85’s wheels on the ground and the fifth in the spare tire well was exactly that rim with a Pirelli P3 from when it was produced. I replaced it before my sisters drove it from Los Angeles to Vermont with a P44 of the same size.

The two-tone wheel on the left is my 145/80-13 , the silver wheel on the right has a 165/80-13; both are what look like original Pirelli P3 spares.
the 145 is X1/9, the 165 is 124, and the wheels are the same size. The X wheel is later, that probably accounts for the extra pair of holes.
IMG_2265.JPG

Back