CL - Fiat X1-9 1974 - $1,000 (Roanoke, VA)

I saw this on CL and was wondering if it really was a 74, as the mirrors are coming off the windows and the console looked different. Could those just be add-ons? I'm confused, they do say it's a 1.3.

I actually saw this ad and the main reason I did not contact the guy is that Roanoke is waaaay down there in Virginia. Also you guys have me scared that a 74 is different enough to be a pain. I assume the Watanabe wheels are probably 4X100.

If it was local I actually would have jumped on it.

I saw this on CL and was wondering if it really was a 74, as the mirrors are coming off the windows and the console looked different. Could those just be add-ons? I'm confused, they do say it's a 1.3.
The pics are so bad it is hard to tell. The dash HVAC controls are wrong for a 74, the console is wrong, the seats are wrong, the side mirror is wrong, etc, etc. A clear shot of the rear end of the car where the bumpers mount would clear up the model year of the body a bit. The 74 has very specific slots for the bumpers that are not shared with any other model year.

Last edited:
Definitely a 1500 dash, center console and mirror. Shouldn't '74 have chrome trim around the tail-lamps and tag area?

Based on the quality of the photos, I'm gonna guess 2005 Qualcom flip phone.

I actually saw this ad and the main reason I did not contact the guy is that Roanoke is waaaay down there in Virginia. Also you guys have me scared that a 74 is different enough to be a pain. I assume the Watanabe wheels are probably 4X100.

If it was local I actually would have jumped on it.
The car is in VA, you are in VA. It is probably 4 hours away from you, so it is "local" by the usual standards of finding old Fiats. :)

Looks like the same one we looked at several years ago, it was just off 220 if I remember correctly. The "call, no emails" looks familiar.

Looks like the same one we looked at several years ago, it was just off 220 if I remember correctly. The "call, no emails" looks familiar.
Good memory gene.

Back