Clutch Pedal Adjustment - Needs to be depressed right to floor to engage

maz124s

True Classic
Hi All

After a complete overhaul of new clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder i notice to change gear cleanly i have to depress clutch right down to floor to engage

Clutch has about 50k miles on it and doesnt seem to have any other issues

Is there any adjustment that i need to bring pedal to engage clutch a little earlier?

Thanks in advance

Sounds more like you still have air in the system, causing late disengagement. I'd re-bleed before adjusting pedal height (since that won't help)

Have you checked the free play on the bellhousing lever? It does not take very much to greatly affect the pedal operation. I would also agree with Hussein's suggestion. I power bled mine using pressure at the reservoir without any residual air issues.

There is the adjustment rod on the slave cylinder and many of us have that adjusted all the way out. As others have noted, a master cylinder replacement is a bastard to properly bleed and if your pedal height before the MC swap was good then odds are you still have air in the system. It usually takes me four or five good pressure bleeds to get the air out and those are between short drives.

Thanks all for your help , you were spot on with air being in system due to slave cylinder end bolt being slighty loose and leaking fluid which was letting in air

Ripped slave out tightened bolt refilled and bled system perfect clutch pedal thanks everyone

Fab. But I wish we could all have that kind of success with such a simple fix. Congratulations, you have had a rare experience there!

Back