Clutch pedal not returning oil dripping down

Which is why I'd just deal with the master's & worry about the rest later - unless you are aware of issues with the brakes in general....
I have an '83. These parts apply to all years? Any difference, I see some for 74-83 and 84-88?

Essentially interchangeable from 74' to 88-89' and Lancia Scorpion and MonteCarlo by blocking off one of the front brake master cylinder outlets.
Very possible these same master cylinders are used in other Italian cars from that era including the Stratos, Ferrari and others...

Bernice

And the clutch master is as the same as well? No difference..
Clutch master is the same, all years of the ones that have been replaced.. from 74' to 88' and Lancia Scorpion/MonteCarlo.

Do be aware, there were different reservoir hose diameters used over the decades. The master cylinder inlet fittings are plastic and can be removed with care. These are plastic and will bust if over stressed and brittle from age.

Bernice

I would make sure whatever units you buy either have the plastic inlets or pickup a set from MWB or similar. The early cars had 6mm for both masters, later cars had 8mm for the brake master and 6mm for the clutch master.

Both sizes are available new.

Last edited:
Don't know if anyone tried, but having the car up on a lift with the floor about belt to mid chest height makes it a much easier reach in there. When the cylinders went bad on my first X, I had access to a lift, and was 30+ years younger, so didn't seam so bad. Funny, car was only 7 years old and clutch master went bad.

I got the cylinder off. It only took 2 painful hrs. Easy way to pull the hose off the plastic spout/nozzle??

Back