Coil over spring source?

carl

True Classic
I definitely need to get lighter springs for my coilovers. Who has the best prices and selections?

The prices for springs vary widely. Certain brand names demand much more than others and I have never found a verifiable difference between the products. In the past I've found "A1 Racing" to be a good source with about as good of prices as any. But I have not shopped lately, so perhaps now there are better sources, especially on the internet? Hopefully someone can offer better suggestions...I will need another pair of springs soon myself.
https://www.a1racing.com/

I have no idea if progressive springs are an option, I have always been happy with cut stock springs...whatever rate that is. The Vics springs are just waaaay too stiff for me.

eBay is a good source, just type in the, diameter, length and rate. Some springs have the rate etched on to the side of the top coil and other on the end flat. If they are the latter make a note of the rate in a safe place, because if you want to change the rate in future you'll know what you've got instead of having to dismantle the strut, only to find the numbers worm off

OK, guys, thanks. First step is to remove a strut so I can measure the size of the springs. Tried this with the strut on the car but could not get true measurements....unless someone already knows what size springs Vics uses on their coilovers.

unless someone already knows what size springs Vics uses on their coilovers
I suggest you check yours. It might be a little different depending on the choice of spring rates offered. And from what I've seen, there could be some variance in general. As you go to softer rate there will be more spring sag, however not really enough to require a longer spring.

QA1 also makes a range of progressive springs. I've got a pair of (low mileage) QA1 springs 140/250 I removed in order to install stiffer ones for the K24 drivetrain.

Back