Complete Driveline - Yugo GVX 1.3 Motronic EFI w/5-Spd - RUNNING

Vendor post!

Once in a blue moon we get a good one like this...

We have a confirmed running, complete Yugo GVX 1.3 MOTRONIC EFI motor with hard to find 5-Spd transaxle for sale for $1600.00 + ship.

Perfect candidate for Fiat 128 applications to get a powerful FI motor and 5-spd trans.

Click to download short video of engine running.
http://www.midwest-bayless.com/Images/carsforsale/yugo-GVX.3gp

IMG03955-20180424-1825.jpg
IMG03954-20180424-1825.jpg

Being pulled from 1990 Yugo GVX. The car is not viable, but driveline is good to go.

50,000 miles on this engine. Its dirty and been sitting a while, but it starts, runs and idles well, and has been run up to temp with no knocks or smoke out of the tailpipe. Valve train is quiet.

Transaxle shifts through all gears with no synchronizer crunch on any gears, up or down.

Includes:
  • - Complete engine with intake and exhaust manifolds
  • - Complete Motronic EFI system including injectors air box, EFI harness, and relays.
  • - Cam mounted Bosch distributor
  • - 5-Spd wet-axle type transaxle with 17/64 (3.76) final drive
  • - Left and right axles.

NOTE: Axles are important because the transmission uses bigger tripod joints than standard 4-Spd 128 or Yugo cars.

Everything you need to convert your 128 except for the high pressure fuel pump.

Shipping in the continental USA only by R&L Carriers, expect $250-450 depending on exact location.

parts@midwest-bayless.com, or call 614-784-8870

-M

Last edited:
We have a confirmed running, complete Yugo GVX 1.3 MOTRONIC EFI motor with hard to find 5-Spd transaxle for sale for $1600.00 + ship... Engine assembly or trans assembly available separately for $900.

Matt, so how much for just engine and transmission?

Umm...paraphrasing what was written, the ad says "$1600/both or $900/each (if sold separately)".

Last edited:
I'm curious, is the Motrionic EFI adding value?
$1600 seems high for a SOHC drive train, or is it the 5 speed.

Does this mean the GVX (1300 carbed + 5 speed) in my driveway is worth more than I expected?

We have a confirmed running, complete Yugo GVX 1.3 MOTRONIC EFI motor with hard to find 5-Spd transaxle for sale for $1600.00 + ship.

There is no such car as a 1990 Yugo GVX. You have a 1990 Yugo GV+ (aka: GVPlus), which is the only model to have the 1.3 EFI/5-speed combo (1990-91).

The 1988 GVX had a carbed 1.3/5-speed combo.

Thanks Jeff,
I was consider letting the car go as is (I need to make some room), but with this data point I suppose I should give it a little love and see what happens. My car is complete, runs and drive, just needs some cosmetic love.

hmmmm..... It's a hoot to drive too!

We have a waiting list of folks asking for running 1500 long block engines and good used X19 5-Spd transaxles.
We sell those at $900 ea. with a vendor warranty as fast as we get them (which is rarely BTW).

Rebuilt stock 1300 or 1500 long blocks start at $2500. Fully rebuilt transaxles are advertised by others, around the $1500 mark.

So I thought we might have actually priced this package a little low. 8^)

-M

Just curious, Wouldn't this require a change in the tank? Say if one were to try and install this in a 128 sl coupe? Perhaps a change to the front hubs or struts also?? Need to play the lotto more. Would be great in my coupe.

Back