Confusion confusion

I owned one of he "extreme wedge" Xs.

IMG_0733[2].JPG

Lotus Esprit, Countach, Stratos…not much main stream I can think off though….

And BTW, Seeing F9 was the dumbest thing I have ever done with $8. Made Sharknato II look like a serious PBS documentary.
Oh come on, you could have spent $8 on a Big Mac Meal ($9 in these parts). It was way better than Sharknado. Ok, marginally better. Where else can you see a Pontiac Fiero converted to a Space Shuttle (besides the episode of 'Top Gear' where they tried it with a Robin Reliant)?
If it's good enough for Helen Mirren and Charlize Theron, it's good enough for me. lol.

I guess I was thinking more "mainstream" wedge cars when I asked what others there were. But that would be a whole nother list if everything else was included.

Would the Fiero count as 'wedge'?

I guess I was thinking more "mainstream" wedge cars when I asked what others there were. But that would be a whole nother list if everything else was included.

Would the Fiero count as 'wedge'?
No. It was a refernce to another Fiero post. But it was a cheap, mid-engine.

I think you can see The Wedge in a ton of 1980s Japanese (or Japanese/American) cars, even into the '90s:

1626959980769.png
1626959950947.png

1626960039219.png
1626960181528.png
1626960146650.png

I think you can see The Wedge in a ton of 1980s Japanese (or Japanese/American) cars, even into the '90s:

View attachment 49889View attachment 49888
View attachment 49890View attachment 49892View attachment 49891
I guess it really depends on what actually defines a "wedge" car, if there is such a definition. Maybe those shapes are better classified under some other name? I don't know. But despite them having a 'pointed' shape I'm not sure if I consider them as "wedges"? Maybe.

I am tempted to post up lots of pictures of the most successful wedges in the racing world: Pine Wood Derby cars.

I will just post one. :)
View attachment 49896
I will too. This car holds the record for the longest National Event Winning Streak in the History of SCCA. It won every event it entered between the fall of 1997 (after finishing 2nd at the Solo National Championships) until the fall of 2001 (where it finished 2nd again at the Solo National Championships). The total was 21 National Event wins including 3 National Championships and countless Regional and Divisional events. The car won a total of 48 National Events (44 SCCA National Tour and 4 National Championships). It was undefeated in Regional and Divisional Competition winning 10 SCCA South East Division Championships and 3 Central Division Championships. I should note that the one 2nd place in 2001 (at the Solo National Championships), that interrupted the 1998 - 2002 Championship Streak, was the event that was stopped after Day 1, September 11 2001, following the World Trade Center attack.

I guess this is the one place I can brag about the car :)

DSP X at Forbes Field.jpg

We are all forgetting the Opel GT1900.

This is the business. So much more pleasing to the eye than the X. The proportions are spot on, it is achingly pretty to look at compared to the X a real stunning car.

Back