Convertable question

autox19

True Classic
So my wife got schumcked in her van. Every one is ok which is the good part. I am getting out the 124 early so we have vehicles to drive.
Every thing going.... well. Ok. Takes a couple turns of the key to get the starter to turn.
The big question has nothing to do with drivability. The top. I think the PO didnt finish the install. Karl was going to help later this spring but the van pushed this up. It looks like there is glue on the old top pieces. Are the cloth pieces supposed to be glued to those beams?

20200305_170601.jpg

Odie

I’ve installed 3 or 4 tops on 124s and have always glued to the bows. One side of that fabric will end up being glued over the first piece of fabric that is glued to the bow. Try to center the bow on the strip as much as possible but as long as you can capture the bow within the fabric strip you’ll be fine.

use 3m yellow weather strip adhesive to glue the flaps to the bar. I have installed 100's of 124 tops

use 3m yellow weather strip adhesive to glue the flaps to the bar. I have installed 100's of 124 tops

or if you’re messy use the black version of 3m weatherstrip adhesive. I agree the weatherstrip adhesive is easier (with less fumes) than contact cement but I have a tendency to use what I have around.

strangely enough, through my years of use, the yellow works better. dont know why. the yellow is far superior, just dont be messy :)

Back