An update on some hoses I purchased (referenced above). I decided to stay with traditional rubber hoses rather than silicone:

When I was preparing my order, the listings (from my supplier) for the larger hoses sounded like they might be small in diameter. However after receiving them they were the correct diameter...for the most part (I think a couple are actually US/Imperial dimension rather than Metric because they are slightly undersized...or maybe it is just a manufacturing thing, but I'm a perfectionist so I notice small details). But they fit.

The two smaller Gates hoses that I tried for the overflow tank seem to work well. And both were very inexpensive.
19486 is the correct diameter and has a section that is a good fit (preformed bend) for the lower tank connection (it has more than needed so cutting off the extra is required).
18481 is also the correct diameter and almost the correct shape. It is preformed in a "S" shape with a 90 degree bend on one end , and approximately 45 degree on the other. Therefore that end needs to be pulled slightly to align with the nipple on the tank. Actually, depending on what tank you have it might be perfect; my plastic tank has the upper nipple at 90 degrees, while my S/S tank has it pointing downward at an angle so the hose fits it as is. Either way the hose has plenty of 'slack' and 'give' to accommodate either tank without kinking. Here is a picture of it and the original Fiat hose for comparison:
161.JPG

I just finished installing my plastic coolant reservoir. Replaced the bottom hose from reservoir to t-stat housing with Dayco #80402. The top hose in the picture is the original that I had to cut to get off. I purchased this at Autozone for $14.00

20180616_092847.jpg

Back