Corona Tour 2020

tigeravg

True Classic
Some people jog. Some people run. Some just walk their dogs. Isolation is the key. So, Having said that, I took me, myself and I for a little jaunt today. Wine country (my county) and took a gratuitous shot of my girl at a perfect location. Where are you "isolating"?
image0.jpg

My life isn’t changed much. As Latvians are introvert compred to the rest of the world and I am introvert compared to latvians :D
Actually I have changed only one thing, am making shopping list and with it spend less time in grocery store.

But here is my isolated x19 :D
562C658D-1FE3-4BC3-9ACC-334208560DF6.jpeg

My life isn’t changed much. As Latvians are introvert compred to the rest of the world and I am introvert compared to latvians :D
Actually I have changed only one thing, am making shopping list and with it spend less time in grocery store.

But here is my isolated x19 :D
View attachment 30064
Looks like you could fit more than a few X1/9s in that garage and still have them isolated a safe distance from one another.

I'm a software guy who lives in Seattle working for a silicon valley company, so WFH is sorta part of the regular day-to-day thing. But the new social distancing has me spending more time "sheltering in place" in my GT350 and taking advantage of the mostly empty roads and highways...

upload_2020-3-22_1-16-37.png

Otherwise, spending time in the garage with the never-ending 1976 X1/9 resto-mod/K20 conversion project

upload_2020-3-22_1-26-4.png

Hope everyone here on the forums are doing OK and taking care. Good time to either drive the crap out of whatever you have to drive or get into the garage and get some stuff done.

Yes, driving your fun car is an excellent way to practice social distancing. It's even possible to go out with a few friends, all in your own cars...sadly, lunch afterwards at a restaurant is not, should not, be part of that.

I did drive Fatrat to Mount Vernon but the parkway is not all that challenging but it was pleasant.

Actually, I was thinking a "picnic run" would be doable. Pack your own lunch, bring a lawn chair and go for a ride. We can end up in a park, enjoy 6' fellowship, then drive home after a bit more cruising. Seems reasonable enough.

This my Corona effect.
The X failed inspection due to weak brakes performance so fixing and re-inpection is frozen for now.
We can go to work and few necessary places (medical, food) only, so i would have taken my daily car anyway.

Attachments

• 20200322_183057.jpg
    20200322_183057.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 62
Actually, I was thinking a "picnic run" would be doable. Pack your own lunch, bring a lawn chair and go for a ride. We can end up in a park, enjoy 6' fellowship, then drive home after a bit more cruising. Seems reasonable enough.
Welcome to my place. We could all gather around the swimming pool...:rolleyes:
20200322_135850.jpg

I was concerned about the virus infecting my X so I wrapped it up to avoid it getting contact transmission...
24CB9A65-9EAE-401B-971C-301057AA4247.jpeg

It was actually my winter weather strategy to keep the snow and ice off the X and the Miata. Funny how much taller the Miata is.

In reality I have been working a my normal hours at work (plus some extra as I have also been working this weekend) as no one is there and we have a crash project to build some products for our local hospitals for them to deal with the realities of patient intake as well as looking at ways to use some of our products for short term hospital space (ie sports arenas, convention centers and so on).

Strange times. Glad to have something substantial to be working on.

Last edited:
Same idea. But I build a wood frame around and over the top of the car. One of the goal was to prevent the tarp to move with the wind and scratch the paint. But a tight fit, like yours, is reaching the same goal. And I'm afraid the weight of the snow and ice may have broke some part of the frame in front of the car (right), hence you can see the tarp stretching over the post. I will see the result later this spring...:oops:
20200322_153304.jpg

BTW,this is my summer daily driver 1987 Bertone. The nice one is IN the garage!

Karl. one Honda Element is bad enough but two identical ones!
Actually, my wedding cake maker daughter had one and I loved using her Element to haul Fiat parts, including motors.

Anyone notice the price of gas is plummeting....no excuse not to get out there and blast around in your X or 427 Vette.

Anyone notice the price of gas is plummeting....

Just curious.....yes up here in Canada the price of gas is plummeting too. This morning down to about 67 cents per liter. That works out to about the equivalent of about $1.75 US per gallon. Traditionally the price of gas up here is way higher than in the USA. So you guys must be down to about $1.25 or so ???

For further interest...our gas price works out to about:
0.40 UK pound per liter
0.43 Euros per liter
0.80 Australian $ per liter

What are you folks all paying ?

Last edited:
Otherwise, spending time in the garage with the never-ending 1976 X1/9 resto-mod/K20 conversion project

View attachment 30075

Hope everyone here on the forums are doing OK and taking care. Good time to either drive the crap out of whatever you have to drive or get into the garage and get some stuff done.

I like your simple rotisserie. I wish I had thought of that with ours. Though right now it looks much the same. We are apparently on the same project (resto-mod K20) at the same time. Though at least yours has paint.

Price for a litre of unleaded 95 octane in the UK is about £ 1.09 hate to think what 97 octane is

Back