Corona Tour 2020

You can still drive and buy fuel,we are allowed to drive to and from work, but no social gathering .
Metro in London has a reduced service so the instructions of keeping 6ft away from each other goes out the window.

Karl. one Honda Element is bad enough but two identical ones!
Actually, my wedding cake maker daughter had one and I loved using her Element to haul Fiat parts, including motors.

Anyone notice the price of gas is plummeting....no excuse not to get out there and blast around in your X or 427 Vette.
:)

Well it wasn’t intentional.

Two of my children are interested in (finally) getting their licenses. The first Element was intended for my daughter as she was going to school for nursing in the UP (Upper Peninsula) where they need to go to hospitals in other cities. The UP (or as it is properly stated: up in Da YouP dare) is cold and snowy getting large amounts of snow, so a small tall reliable AWD vehicle made sense and the Element is all of those things in spades.

I saw the first on FB Mktpl at an excellent price and grabbed it due to how expensive these tend to be. It needs some things and now that the weather is getting warmer I will have time.

The second was also on FB but at a dealer, they listed it cheap with no pic, I ran down and bought it despite it being literally identical. Its actually in better condition but I paid even less for it.

I now need to decide what my normal daily driver will be as these transition to my kids, though with all this going on its not going to happen soon as neither has jobs or anywhere they need to go.

It isn’t a bad drive and was good during the snow falls we did have. I love the roominess.

This has given me time to work on the renovations on my house. Being a teacher (auto shop) I have to teach online automotive.." kids, use your virtual wrench, and take off that virtual bolt" and dont forget to wash your hands.
Unfortunately my projects are safely in the shop at school, which is off limits. So no gain there. But the wife will become more happy as the home projects get 100% of my attention when I am not teaching. Gas here in central florida was 1.79 yesterday

The price of fuel is still coming down !!!.

1 gallon is down to a pound in the London area

Around me, the prices for regular seem to be at $2.00 a gallon or a bit less... and still dropping.
The Saudis and Russians picked the wrong time to have a pissing contest on oil production.

$1.39 here
Wow!

I read an article that called out dinner of the costs averaged for 2019:
39¢/gal transportation & marketing costs
34¢/gal refining and profits
18¢/gal federal taxes
54¢/gal average state taxes (range AK 18¢ - 60¢ CA)
then you at the cost of crude.

So at zero, average is $1.45.

That's it Mike.... I may have to fire up the car and drive over to Goodfield to fill up! I just tell my wife and kids I'm going to go out and do some social distancing at 6000 rpm.... ;)

there is a glut of gas in the world and it's our duty to help skim off the surplus. Admittedly hard to do on a Fiat, you just have to drive further.

Back