Corsa side skirts, price reduced to $90

Regan Burba

True Classic
E742A30B-33A4-436F-943D-6CCCA7B7A5D6.jpeg 6752CF20-5CB3-421C-B3B4-68DC78230D47.jpeg CA358D59-FCAB-46E5-B438-271F7F51E9AE.jpeg Hi everyone, Selling some Corsa side skirts from an 86 X. A few of the end attachment points need minor repair but otherwise in good shape. Asking $175 obo for the pair plus shipping.
Yes, my son and I bought the 86 in Boston for some parts we needed and just trying to sell a few items we don’t need.

I did not find many examples of the "Corsa Kit" installed. Are these photos (below) the same skirts?

IMG_00163.jpg
eec04385-a743-4ff2-9366-cd1916a3e6f5.jpg

Did the '86 you bought have just the skirts or all of the body kit? Thanks

:) So you're saying that's a picture of your son with a skirt? Sorry, couldn't resist the joke.

Looks like the same ones I saw in the other images, thanks. I wasn't familiar with them and did not see much about them online. Guessing from the couple pictures I found it might of come as a kit of some type with the other components. I was just curious, thanks again.

He’s gonna love that . From what I’ve learned they were an available option that either the dealer or factory put on that a few cars had.
Not saying I’m correct but that’s what I learned.

I'm pretty sure it was a dealer installed option, like the trunk wing. I was digging for the 1987 publicity in black and white showing the front of the car, but I threw away most of my old magazines and I think this is the only ad I couldn't find on the web. But I found a John Dinkel road test from 1987 stating the Corsa kit option was a "whooping $1300 option".

I'm still undecided if I like it or not...:confused:

All I know is hopefully we get some Spring weather soon so I can get that Black Corsa posted above back on the road.
Batteries are at full charge and still waiting!

I'm pretty sure it was a dealer installed option, like the trunk wing. I was digging for the 1987 publicity in black and white showing the front of the car, but I threw away most of my old magazines and I think this is the only ad I couldn't find on the web. But I found a John Dinkel road test from 1987 stating the Corsa kit option was a "whooping $1300 option".

Here was a Bertone advertisement showing the front of the kit.
Fine print on the bottom reads * Factory installed air condition and dealer installed aero kit available.
Also Ed posted a dealer receipt that came attached with the original window sticker for his 1986. [$1,495.00]
(side note: Did you see the photos in Henk's book showing US cars with rear spoilers installed at the Bertone factory. While the majority of the wings were put on at the dealerships we now know some were indeed a factory addition.

For Jeff: here are what the front/rear kit pieces look off the car.Carello fog lights included up front.

Regan hopefully the thread intrusion is not an annoyance. At least it's keeping your FS post up top..:)

IMG_1415.jpg stii.PNG cc.jpg

Yes, a bump for the Burba crew's ad.

Thanks Greg. Now that you guys have discussed it I do recall the "Corsa" kit. I like the front spoiler/valance. Honestly, not so much the rear valance though. But the side skirts (as listed for sale here) could easily go with any other body additions or by themselves. Possibly one way to "hide" a tattered looking rocker panel?

Back