CSC header muffler combo

I sent an email to the shop I have been speaking with and hopefully they will respond to this thread with pricing etc...

Given the style of the setup and the fact that it has a catalytic converter I doubt it is too loud. I had a similar CSC exhaust system on my Lancia Scorpion that had a deep sound... I am looking forward to this...

Ed

I'll be very interested in what prices they end up quoting including shipping to the US. In Europe, the prices for this system are pretty much around those quoted here:

https://www.mcmautotuning.it/125-x-1-9

This would be 441 + 619 Euros = 1060 Euros = $1264 (before shipping).

In my mind, that makes for a pretty expensive exhaust, but there aren't a huge number of options if you need to retain the cat (only the Allison system?).

Cheers,
Dom.

@dciccarelli Unfortunately I need the catalytic converter in the system. The Allison Hushpower setup with the catalytic converter is $1250 without shipping. It looks like with shipping it cost about $1320.. The CSC setup with shipping is going to be +/- $50 of that.... I actually had sent Allison a note a while back but never heard from them..

Now that I am back on my computer vs phone, I stand corrected...this is a short tube 4:1 (not 4:2:1 as I first thought). And as George said:
Looks like a very short primary 4:1 to me. From my book knowledge those are best fitted on high revving race engines, and not good for torque down low like you want on street car.

In my opinion the best design for a street driver is a 4:2:1 with the longest tubes possible.

I took a look online for more CSC information but did not find too much. I recall in the past they were more readily available form several vendors (e.g. "Eurosport") but don't seem to be anymore. I also thought they had a couple different styles or designs; short tube 4:1, long tube 4:1, and a 4:2:1...but now I only see the one posted in this thread. It is possible I'm thinking of ones from another company such as this:
http://eshop.superracetuning.eu/store/x19-c-142_2912_4554.html

I did find a earlier discussion on Xweb about the CSC exhaust:
https://xwebforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/italian-made-exhaust-for-x1-9.24325/

And it appears there is a catalyst version like SteveC said already.

hi,been working w echoen2 on this project. i sell a fair amount of CSC headers and exhaust for Alfa, have done a little Fulvia to date. have visited the factory, a small family owned business. quite professionally run. when a new part is built, car is brought in, tooling made from parts built for that car. parts made from tooling then mounted to car. if needed, tooling modified until gives parts with reliable fit. For the last several year, all parts are made from 304 stainless, no more mild steel. parts are well made both cosmetically and structurally, fit up as oem. sound good, i know, an arbitrary and subjective assessment - but i think most agree. usually a little louder than stock, sometimes a little deeper. headers are not made to be race headers, i.e. tuned for some specific powerband. they are general purpose headers. having said that, they will give better performance than most stock exhausts and i have some customers racing with them. regarding these specific parts... CSC has assured me in both italian and english that the cat is built into this muffler. to be honest, no other way to justify the price of that muffler. as of today (based on currency exchange) set of header and cat/muffler costs $1,358. If people are interested, email me - andykress@performatek.com or call me at 508-655-8079 (boston, ma time) with any questions and we can work out details for a group buy. i think minimum of 3 for a discount. if get a bigger number of orders, we can talk about a better discount. their working ship date is 3 weeks from time of order. they usually are pretty good on making that time.

Good to know. Do they offer more than one type/design of header? I thought I recalled a couple styles from them but not certain. Also I believe it is available with a non-cat muffler, but how about just the header with no muffler section? Thanks.

as far as i know, they only make the one for cat cars. they do make a system for earlier cars. they are incompatible. of course, header alone is available - no idea what work required to fit it to oem style aft section - you would be better resource on that.
can get the muffler/cat alone for that matter. i'll ask about a non cat muffler for the cat system.. probably could get a "straight" pipe for the car.

they do make a system for earlier cars. they are incompatible. of course
Please explain, why are they incompatible?
header alone is available - no idea what work required to fit it to oem style aft section
The idea would be to fabricate a custom muffler/exhaust section to go onto the header.

Do you have any pictures of any of these options (anything other than the one shown by Ed at the top of this discussion)?
Thanks

Back