DCNF numbers

CnC79X19

True Classic
Does anybody know what the difference is in the last 2 number/letters on a 40 DCNF 6F and 40 DCNF 7C? Are they the same carb and could they be paired on a dual set up for an X?

Last edited:
I checked my DCNF usage table but did not find the 6F or 7C designation. They may have come out after my table was published. The suffix numbers/letters usually apply to specific car models that the car is built for so they could have specific jetting, accelerator pump setups, venturis, etc for a specific car model. If you are planning on disassembling them for a cleaning, it might be a good idea to compare each carb part by part. There is a very large number of DCNF sub types so it is worth checking them out. For example, mine are 40DCNF 47 7L. They were originally specified for a Ferrari GT4 USA model. I found an interesting blurb on Weber carb identification:
https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/document.asp?DocID=TECH00151

I checked my DCNF usage table but did not find the 6F or 7C designation. They may have come out after my table was published. The suffix numbers/letters usually apply to specific car models that the car is built for so they could have specific jetting, accelerator pump setups, venturis, etc for a specific car model. If you are planning on disassembling them for a cleaning, it might be a good idea to compare each carb part by part. There is a very large number of DCNF sub types so it is worth checking them out. For example, mine are 40DCNF 47 7L. They were originally specified for a Ferrari GT4 USA model. I found an interesting blurb on Weber carb identification:
https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/document.asp?DocID=TECH00151
Thanks Don. I'm looking at a second carb but now that our dollar has gone for even more of a sh+@#$.t it may not even be an option? Crazy times we're in. If you would have told me back in Oct-Nov that a tiny little virus was going to cripple the entire world I would have said that you needed to quit watching tv and get outside more. But hey, here we are

DCNF 6 or 7 were used on the Ferrari V6 (like the Dino) and the Fiat Dino. I don't know more about them, but if you are going with a pair of DCNF, the last number/letter are for the jetting.

Don't give up on those carbs @ CnC79x19, because, even if most of us are broke, selling prices will probably goes down also... We will have to wait for the situation to be back to normal... whatever "normal" was!:p

That's my understanding as well; the suffix added after the model # may specify any number of specifications for venturis, jets, emulsion tubes, etc, etc, etc. There are a lot of little bits in a Weber (likely the most complex carb design), and any/all of them are interchangable. So as was suggested you can mix and match carbs no problem, but compare all of the parts to make sure you end up with two that are alike. You'll likely have to buy a few extra bits to make them match. But you will likely be buying lots of little bits to make them work right (properly tuned) anyway.

Suffix differences could include the number and location of the progression holes.
I don‘t know how much of a problem this wiuld be in real life.

AFAIK, some engines used carbs with all the same suffix, but others used different suffixes for the left and right carb.
So if you have two different ones, try to find out if the came off the same engine.

E706ABB3-6841-4E3E-AA57-807AEC3789C9.jpeg 07D8C53B-A2F7-45E4-8AA5-EE9CCCC346C0.jpeg 0E338F59-C680-4357-82BB-FF5BB151AB3D.jpeg 065A0E05-4C3B-4FD8-BFCC-B28F3DBA202C.jpeg 0C864E36-5A21-431F-A1FF-09035FCDA1F8.jpeg 4322EB51-2543-42BC-95FA-85802B57D695.jpeg 0F9A3D3B-B05D-4EFF-8CEE-DCEB3FE01EF9.jpeg

Sorry, I missed adding these numbers as well.
The actual numbers on each carb are
40 DCNF 12 6F
40 DCNF 12 7C
It's the last 2 numbers that concerns me. Not sure if this changes things?

20200331_052333.jpg

Here are the only numbers contained in the Weber carb book that contain the 40. None have the last number and letter (or show the 12 model either?) so could the 6E and 7F simply be lot numbers?
20200331_052528.jpg
20200331_052333.jpg

Back