dcnf quiz pt.2

mikemo90

True Classic
ok got the linkage all straight and all is good there. now.....hook the pump to the battery and the butterflys are pools of gas. starts (pump disconnected) and dies out. good. put a fuel pressure regulator in with a gauge, same thing and the gauge reads 0. I am still using the f.i. pump, no pressure but tons of gas. it looks like the gas is coming out of the acc pump nozzles and I really don't want to send them to pearce for a total rebuild if I can fix this in house. floats are good as are the needle and seats. haven't touched the acc pump diaphragms as of yet but thinking that is where to start??
mikemo
oh yea
p.s.
still looking for the shop and owners manuals for you two if you see this !!

-Have you checked your float levels?
-If you disconnect the fuel line into the DCNF's and block the hose what pressure do you get coming out of the regulator?
-What pressure is the regulator supposed to be providing?
-what make and model is the pressure regulator?

F.I. pump has way too much pressure for webers, they like only 2 or 3 psi. Maybe it's too high for the regulator to handle.

all good directions to follow !! the regulator is old school hot rod three port one in and two out. I really don't want to return to a manual pump(sold them all, damn) and I ran out of the "cube" facet pump I had hundreds of. those suckers are 50. bucks now, used to be 9.95 back in the day.
the floats look ok as do the seats and the bowls are less than half full, so I am leaning to some seal or fitting in the top half of the carb. I will disconnect the lines to the carb and try to adjust the pump to 2-3 pounds if I can. hate to overwork the pump by cutting the pressure, so maybe I will use the "old school" carter pump instead.... THANKS ALL!!
mikemo

Back