DCNF....yes, more DCNF...

When you think of how gas is forced around in the float bowl in enthusiastic driving then merely having the car go up a steep incline for just a few seconds should not stress the carb beyond "normal" use. Another indicator that the float setting is off? Cold start mechanism should not be part of the equation if you have the choke off.

Maybe this is no help, but years ago I had a similar problem with IDFs on a 124 spider. The car had a mechanical fuel pump and fuel pressure was too high. Engine ran great otherwise, but I chased around with float settings, jets, etc, til I put a pressure gauge on and finally dicovered the issue.

the emulsion tubes are F22
My somewhat dated Weber info from the 80s does not show any applications using an F22. Perhaps it is a newer tube. I am using F36 tubes, and I've heard that F24 tubes also work well in an X. I also tried F25 tubes but I could never get it to run smooth through the transition region.

image.png
image.png
found this info on Weber emulsion tubes. It looks like a dark art and I'm checking the obvious stuff first before heading down this particular rabbit hole but there are some adventurous types on this forum.

Back