Did Colin Duckworth make it ..

ah the ACT, Australia's forgotten capital :):)

btw thanks for the advice Colin about what to do in Canberra, we had a breif but good look around :)

Hey Colin, nice you are back in our ...

midst.:)
I am wondering if you know of any computer programs for designing suspension geometries from scratch. This program should,ideally, be useable by a chimpanzee or even lower order primate.:whistle:

Hi Colin..

Not much is doing with my car at the moment still back in my garage. I am just organising with Roger down in South Australia at the moment trying to get this 1.3 UnoT motor from him, he's been very generous and helpful so far.

Other than that the guy who was doing my bodykit has become available so hopefully I will get that done in the next few months even if the engine hasn't been installed yet, I need to take the offer while it's there.

My sump baffle arrived yesterday from PBS as Roger advised me that the engine has the X1/9 sump on it. Thanks to Andrew for pointing me in the right direction (PBS). Just waiting to purchase the camber plates to finish off the G-force suspension set up for when the cars back on the road, my god though they look like a full time job to tune and install them correctly from the instrution manuals lol. Just really waiting to get the rest of my refund for the last Uno motor returned before I can purchase them.

Well that's where I'm at.. so hopefully things start pulling together finally or soon, coming on 14 months :wall:

I did see you up at Goulburn but I was with dad and Erika and you seemed to always be busy chatting so sorry I couldn't say hi :sad: Your car looked good though and so did a few of the others I saw.

Anyway I'll let you know when the car is finally back... one day.

Oh by the way Andrew - when you get your car back on the road aswell if you come to Canberra let me know too!!

Catchya.

I would love to bring the X to Canberra when its done :) The plan is to have it at Goulburn next year, so with a bit of luck it might even be there.

Giancarlo, I am just in the process of ordering the camber plates and top perches. It does look like an involved process to fit them, so at least now I know youve got them as well so Ive got someone to email for help hehe

Cost a bomb is right...

I think I can do a simple stick figure model on Autocad and just move things around to shown how camber changes in roll and in bump and droop. What am I looking for the loaded tire to do in roll bump?Remain vertical throughout the movement? or develop negative camber? or positive?

This is for a self build thing along the lines of a Sylva Riot-being basically a lotus seven concept but with transverse midship engine(or possibly north-south using a Scooby flat 4).
Lateral link and radius rod at front bottom and rocking arm at upper front, reverse lower wishbone at lower rear and double lateral links at upper rear. That's my thinking now anyway. I know I am:wacko:

Back