Did someone here end up with this barn find 74?

avusblue98

True Classic
Was apparently sold on Facebook Marketplace - story supposedly was a lucky guy got it new as a 16th birthday present, when he left for college it went into a barn until now. I had a black 74 new as a lucky guy of 21, and it's remained the holy grail for me. The burnt orange interior. Have one in the shed that's pretty decent, all things considered, but not as good as this. (A wash would've been nice...maybe they were trying to show its provenance as a barn find...)

Attachments

• 74 Black X barn find.jpg
    74 Black X barn find.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
Pretty sure this is the car @rayethan ended up with. I spoke to the seller while the ad was still up and he sent me some pictures - the car definitely wasn't as pristine as the advertisement suggested. There were rust holes and bondo to be seen & the paint didn't look original, but the car was complete and absolutely looked worth saving.

Pretty sure this is the car @rayethan ended up with. I spoke to the seller while the ad was still up and he sent me some pictures - the car definitely wasn't as pristine as the advertisement suggested. There were rust holes and bondo to be seen & the paint didn't look original, but the car was complete and absolutely looked worth saving.
Thanks very much - sounds like the one I have is maybe better, I'll stop worrying about it.

one thing looks kinda fishy to me is the mud all over the car. looks like it was placed there! The surroundings are not muddy! and the big cakes of mud on vertical windows. Make the car look staged a bit

one thing looks kinda fishy to me is the mud all over the car. looks like it was placed there! The surroundings are not muddy! and the big cakes of mud on vertical windows. Make the car look staged a bit
Obviously, this is not the spot it has been sitting. It was moved here from some storage location. Having had a barn in the past, it's amazing the amount of dust & filth that can accumulate on something sitting. I used a leaf blower to clean off a mustang that had in the barn for 18 years.

Looks like it's been sitting in a barn for awhile. Wonder how deep the mouse poop is in it? Hope they didn't have a taste for wire insulation. :eek:

Back