Diy wing. Too high?

Odie, I saw a classic "exotic" that reminded me of your wing design ideas. And it has a couple of other elements that might interest you as well. Take a look at not only the rear wing size/location/proportion, but also the front one (not the best picture of the front, but this version was very rare and there aren't many pics of it to be found):

View attachment 24289

I also think these wheels would look great on an X1/9. They are 15" (best size for an X in my opinion) and with BIG fender flares you might be able to actually fit them. However it would be very expensive to get ahold of a set. I wonder if there have been any knock-offs in this style?

Mickey Thompson makes a similar wheel, unfortunately they are only 5 lug and up.
https://www.jegs.com/p/Mickey-Thompson/Mickey-Thompson-Classic-III-Polished-Wheels/2351911/10002/-1

Mickey Thompson makes a similar wheel
There have been several with a similar design but have more holes, like those Mickey Thompson's. But for some reason the difference with Lambo's 5 larger holes (vs these with more holes) really has a big effect on how they look in my opinion. Also like I mentioned with the Lambo knock-offs shown previously, the way the Lambo wheels slope from the center outward in a one-piece design makes a big difference too.

I see Lambo also used the same style, but with a little lip around each hole, on one of their concept cars:
Bertone-Lamborghini-Bravo-auction.jpg

I think I like the Countach version more.

I should clarify, that concept car is from Bertone for Lamborghini. So not really "from" Lamborghini. Lately it seems I need to be very precise in my wording. :D

Maybe I'm stating the obvious and no intent to insult or anything. I just wanted to mention that the Dallara wing was not added for down force but to simply clean up the air turbulence created by the rear window of the car.

I am doing the wing for looks. I am diy because i need another project until i get my garage built and can work on the spider.

Odie

I'll believe it when I see it...the stock part. My 75 spider will be stock too...except for the 2L motor, 34 ADF, Plex ignition and headers.

My 75 spider will be stock too...except for the 2L motor, 34 ADF, Plex ignition and headers.
Although that may not be technically "stock", I'd consider it "standard" - as in pretty much necessary in my opinion.

OK, how about the three link rear suspension conversion, relocated spindle front hubs and six piston front brake calipers?

HAHAHAHA!

I got a real kick outta this thread! Especially the references to Cannonball Run. I believe it was Raul Julia in "Gumball Rally" playing Franco Bertinelli driving a Ferrari Daytona Convertible... that ripped off the rear view mirror and said something like..."What's behind us is of no consequence..."

As for wings, ha, like Doc said, they can go the way of a cowboy's belt buckle and really should be able to back up what its suggesting, not covering up or misleading.

I go for function first... but one of the most popular and well known Dallaras here in SoCal ran a completely stock engine. He had a 1600 with a cam and DCOE's but apparently was offered too much for the car and sold it before it was installed.

The BIG achievement though was that OUR friend George Aspron built and painted EVERYTHING, including the wing, in his one car garage. George is on the right.

George.jpg

Loved gumball rally!

Franco: And now my friend, the first-a rule of Italian driving.
(Franco rips off his rear-view mirror and throws it out of the car)
Franco: What's-a behind me is not important.

I usually repeat that when ever my mirrors have fallen off.

The moths on (lapchic?) The motorcycle rider cracks me up every time

Odie

Back