door opening weatherstripping

I bought mine from Bayless. That would be much more inexpensive. I roll should do both sides. I'd recommend reusing the targa section with the moulded corners anyway - I tried used the generic all the way to the center, and it just leaked in the top rear corner due to the seal flattening out around that curve from door to targa.

Got word from Bayless. Due in in about a week. But it's $55/side, ouch.
Seems like this should be available at a shop somewhere, no? Maybe an RV place or something weird. Doesn't have to be OEM, just has to go on and seal.

Some help with weatherstripping

When rounding a sharp corner or butting up two ends of weatherstripping to complete a seal, you can reinforce it by inserting a little roll of extra material or suitable diameter rubber hose into the hollow of the weatherstripping.

Weatherstripping

I ve been told that BMW weatherstripping can be used and fits perfectly well, even the corner pieces. I didn't have the chance to pick one up from the junk yard to test.

OK GUYS... Call or page MY BEST FRIEND...

Ricardo and ask if he has, or will make a run of CORNER MOLDINGS for ya...

These, and just about any of the choices of rolled molding above should seal your doors and tops beautifully.

eBay....

I've read that these are usually listed on eBay, but I've yet to see them.

If Ricardo is going to make more of these little gems:headbang:, I'll buy a set as well.:clap:

Satisfied customer

Ricardo is just amazing in its arts!

img011u.jpg

Thanks Ricar....do!

it arrived, looks okay, the "squarish" of the bulb isn't really that way, more of a squashed oval, looks like it should work well, I'd like some of the corner mouldings too though.

Installed pics would be nice!

One problem with the new ones from Bayless, was that the doors are harder to close, due to the larger seal. "Bulb" area tears fairly easily too.

hmm.. maybe I should contact Matt about this, I did pay around $100 for them, after all.

Is the one roll long enough for both sides?

I will document my install when it happens. I think there's enough for both sides, it's 25' I believe. I plan on cutting those corner blocks out of the old stuff and gluing or screwing them on, butting the this new stripping up to them, gluing with something.

Did you adjust the strike plates

One problem with the new ones from Bayless, was that the doors are harder to close, due to the larger seal. "Bulb" area tears fairly easily too.

Did you adjust the strike plates out a bit? I've found that a fraction of inch out makes a big difference in how much the weatherstrip compresses.

Back