door seal rubber blocks.........

lappy

Daily Driver
some time ago, someone on the forum made up some of these. Are they available still and who do I contact, Thanks, Lappy.

Door seal rubber blocks

Hi Lappy, Ricardo is 'da man' that made the rubber blocks to reduce that annoying wind noise when the window is up on our early X's. Ricardo sent me two blocks when he was in the post-developmental stage with them, and I can assure you they do work!
You gotta take care fitting them, making sure you don't cut too much of the original rubber door weatherstrip away. Use a 'permanent' fix type adhesive to secure the blocks into the weatherstrip, and you are done!

cheers, Ian - NZ

here is the original post Lappy (yes i have a set for you)

Hi guys
This is my latest project, last month on e-bay I got one wheater-strip driver side, I asked about passenger side and nobody has any.
I made this project just for fun and improve my skills as sculptor, the target where create same part, but flip the image on my mind to re-create the passenger side water strip, i made first on plasteline (clay), after that I made one mould to have my hard copy on fiberglass, then refinish and do my original mould, after that and many test, many mess and several times ($$$) finally got my first set, I made both sides and kept my original on my spare parts box until find the other side. I hope you like it!
Follow pictures.

picture01kd4.jpg

picture02hd8.jpg

picture03mu4.jpg

picture05up0.jpg

picture06ej9.jpg

picture07gx4.jpg

picture08ly6.jpg

picture09cn4.jpg

picture10pp8.jpg

picture11ci6.jpg

picture13yt4.jpg

picture16uh4.jpg

picture17wo8.jpg

picture21rp5.jpg

picture22kq2.jpg

picture22kq2.jpg

picture25fh3.jpg

let me know if you need it, zippoborja@yahoo.com

extrasmallrbrbadgenw9.jpg

Ricardo
X19/79

Hey Mac you make me feel ..."shame"

Also i made last upgrades on this year, maybe i need to re-post the instructions with the upgrades.

thanks.

img4658vs4.jpg

extrasmallrbrbadgenw9.jpg

Ricardo
X19/79

Don't be ashamed man!

You earned the praise!! !!! :D

That top will go down in history as one of the coolest things anyone on Xweb has ever built :cool:

Back