dreaded master cylinder update..

dan in new mexico

Daily Driver
well it took a while but I'm finally back on the road. in the end had to cut the line at the connector. special vice grips would probably have worked if I had used them sooner. made a bubble flare with my new kit..used a new connector, then spent hours under the dash wrestling things back together. had a hard time getting the plunger into the back of the mc...and it was tough to wrangle the output line into a straight in position for connection...then on to bleeding! having read many posts I decided to order a pressure bleeder. I ordered the schwaben brand unit from ecs tuning..free shipping. it seems to be well made..and worked nicely. Thanks for all the tips I used along the way

Where did you get the new fitting from? I think I provided info for two sources, but I haven't had the need to get any (from either source). So I appreciate your feedback regarding it.

I prefer pressure bleeding also. For some reason the vacuum method does not work well for me, but others like it.
The Schwaben bleeder looks nice. I see they offer two sizes. The larger one would be good for a complete brake system overhaul where more fluid is needed. But the smaller one might be good also because any unused fluid should not be saved. And the smaller container would tend to limit that wasted fluid.
LARGE:
648335_x800.jpg

SMALL:
858358_x800.jpg

Hey jeff..I went with the large bleeder simply because I believe with the smaller I would have had to pay postage...which would have brought the total price close to the large, for which shipping was free.(I think I have that right) as to the connector..bayless Midwest had one...I also purchased line connector from them which I could have used if I needed to connect two cut ends of tubing.

Thanks Dan. Ya, its funny about shipping charges these days. Often it is more than the price of the item being sent. Also, it cost less to ship a package from China than to mail a letter across town. Go figure.

Back