Dual DCNF Manifold

My motor is stock with just a header/turbo muffler and dual 40 IDFs. The motor has razor sharp throttle response right off idle. My car is driven in a suburban environment where sitting at traffic lights for a few minutes is common. I do have my favorite sporting roads not far from the house. I agree with Mike, they stay in tune and if there is a glitch it is usually dirt in one of the jets. I will admit a single carb has a steadier idle but that's about it. I don't advocate carbs or even dual carbs to anyone. I like them and my Fiat is a toy and thus a recreational release for me...as opposed to my Miata which is just a nice little sporting convertible.
Carl, what size are your venturies in the 40s?
We had 36s in our 40 IDFs on the AM formula car (900#, 2200cc) and they worked ok there, but I don't think they would provide good throttle response on a 2000# 1500cc X with a big cam.
Just depends on how things are tuned.

It is not same angle for 128 and X, I think PBS manifold where in some angle between this two that are like comaptible with both models.

I can offer from link below, it is little bit higher cost than this one
So do you offer this manifold in both angles for the 128 and the X then? Or is it a universal fit (for both) like the one from PBS?

Gene, they came direct off my 124 spider and have the standard 32mm vernturis. Don't forget, my X is an internally stock motor meant for mid rpm street driving...although I did light up the shift light several times yesterday morning but it was set at 6500.

Anddreav's manifolds are real nice. That's how I got the dual IDF manifold.
Sometimes getting a cheap item just means you get disappointed in it, pull it off and then go for the part you should have gotten....not always but sometimes.

I ran dual IDFs on a 128, same linkage issue as DCNFs. Like you, I considered a cable but then realized I could use the mechanical linkage that the car comes with. It was a long time ago and I don't think I have any pictures but take your time and look at the stock setup and visualize hooking it up to the dual carbs.

I ran dual IDFs on a 128, same linkage issue as DCNFs. Like you, I considered a cable but then realized I could use the mechanical linkage that the car comes with. It was a long time ago and I don't think I have any pictures but take your time and look at the stock setup and visualize hooking it up to the dual carbs.
Thank you for your help I will have a look at my stock cable and work from there. Did your car perform well with the idf?

It ran fine. Motor was internally stock but had headers and electronic ignition...and it was a 1500 out of an X.

Not really, the 128 is so much easier to work on than a 128. As with all carb changes, the biggest problem to work out is the linkage and making sure that you get full throttle opening. Webers are so forgiving that you can screw up the jetting and the motor will still run OK. I have become a firm believer in using an air/fuel gauge to set up jetting.

Not really, the 128 is so much easier to work on than a 128. As with all carb changes, the biggest problem to work out is the linkage and making sure that you get full throttle opening. Webers are so forgiving that you can screw up the jetting and the motor will still run OK. I have become a firm believer in using an air/fuel gauge to set up jetting.
Yes I still need to sort that out my engine isn’t in yet. Linkage is next

Kind of hard to work up a custom linkage if the motor isn't in the car!
Yeah I know. Was just asking if there was like a off the shelf item. Did you change your oil pump? My supplier mentioned it because it’s at a different angle.

I used the 128 oil pump, pickup and pan.

You should really move this to front wheel drive section. You are probably missing a a lot of advice from other 128 owners who don't realize the actual topic now.

Hey, I'm allowed to be stupid if I want. The 128 is much easier to work on than an X.

Back