E-Brake Cable Boots - Source?

Mark Olson

True Classic
I need the rubber boots that go on the rear part of the e-brake cables. I thought someone posted about a part that would work for that application but now I can't find it. Anybody have a source for these or from another application that would work?

Mark - I was looking for those boots the other day and couldn’t find anything. Tried looking for a similar style cover for other cables. Actually ordered something off Amazon but turned out to be too small. It was about $7. You probably know this but complete new cables are around $15 each from Vick’s or MWB. I just ordered new cables. The small savings of just getting the rubber boots just wasn’t worth all the effort to find something I could use.

Thanks Johnny999, but that is the caliper boot. The one I am looking for is on the end of the e-brake cable, it is a flexible accordion style boot.

I can get them from Fiat Plus, see here: http://www.fiatplus.com/RUBBER-BOOT-ON-P-BRAKE-CABLE.html however my recollection was there was something else that worked just as well and I could probably source it locally if I could remember what it was......

Not to get off topic, but shipping has become a major issue. Not only have the rates escalated to outrageous levels, but the level of service has degraded and it takes forever in most cases.

Back on topic. I also recall there have been some discussions on options for those boots. One that comes to mind was from Matt (MWB) I believe, to just use heat shrink(?) instead of the boots (sorry if it wasn't Matt, or it wasn't heat shrink). As you can see, my memory is worse than yours. :(

I have seen that style of boots used on motorcycle cables. They come in various sizes, but off hand I don't know what specific applications would be the best fit. However the prices might be good or really bad, motorcycle stuff seems to be oddly priced. But look on eBay or AliExpress for motorcycle cable boots and see what comes up.

There was something on that "Google Image" search I posted that generated another idea. At my local commercial hardware store I've seem rubber insulators for electrical applications that are kind of cone shaped, with one end larger than the other. You may find one that will work, and it may be much easier to install - the stock park-brake cable boots are a major pain to get on.
FC057-insulator-boot.jpg

I got mine from MWB. They are a PITA to fit back. I was suggested to put electrical wiring shrinking wrap instead, but I took the challenge and put back the boot. It probably took me longer than completely rebuilding the caliper...o_O

I got mine from MWB. They are a PITA to fit back. I was suggested to put electrical wiring shrinking wrap instead, but I took the challenge and put back the boot. It probably took me longer than completely rebuilding the caliper...o_O
That's what I was trying to remember. So it was heat shrink that was suggested.

Yeah, but $5.50 is only the cost of the part. Then there is the $35 shipping to us here in Canada..........or something like that.

Unfortunately their shipping quotes within the US (at least to the East coast) are equally nuts - I have been put off ordering small new items from them on many occasions due to the INSANE item/shipping cost ratio. I found getting small items shipped from EuroSportUK was cheaper(!) I try to get from MWB first, as they are always reasonable with pricing, in my experience.

Back