Early pics of new leather interior...

I may try it. I was not sure if the air would actually make it from the heat source to the vent without something directing it. Maybe I can fabricate some kind of ducting that directs the flow. What is that vent from?

I think it's a dash vent from an Oldsmobile....I just hijacked the image from a google search. Yes, I was thinking some ducting too, but with the flap and how it moves up and down, I'm not quite sure how that would work. I supposed you might be able to seal the flap shut, then cut out 2 holes on each side of the heater box, then attach ducts, routed to vents that manually open/close??

First off, let me say how beautiful that interior is. Quite gorgeous! I think your primary color choice is good, and the suede was a good material choice for the secondary. Perhaps it would blend more with a darker suede. Something like a saddle brown or cognac?

I would keep the suede, just get a darker color.

Again, best interior I have seen in an X.

Ed

Must smell great

Looks great, Brett. I don't care for the suede on the IP but you know how "factory" I am.

Yes it does...

I keep the top on now when it is in the garage so I can prolong the leather smell. I just went down a few minutes ago and sat in it to enjoy the smell.

FYI, the suede is coming off, I didn't much care for it either but I told the interior guy, I would give it a shot. Leather is going on.

I get what you were experimenting with

I remember Lotus Esprits having that like you mentioned. It'll look better in leather.

Brett:

That is absolutly outstanding.

In defference to what others have said, I kinda like a textured (non reflective) covering on the guages as to not have a reflection in the wind screen on sunny days.

Classy, no doubt.

--Kevin

Thanks...

That was kinda the idea along with the classic look like the old Esprits and other exotics. It didn't really translate though.

Chip Foose Fiat

I wonder what Chip Foose or Pimp my ride would do to a Fiat? It could be hideous or who knows,could be pretty cool to.

gorgeous,but....you are going to hate the way the suede

wears on the door panels and toe kick panels.Smooth wont hold mud or scuff as quick as suede.

well...

I don't mind a little patina. Very little mud ever gets into my car anyway. It is not a daily driver so it should work out ok.

Back