Eclipse

dragonsgate

True Classic
eclips.jpg
While everyone was looking up my son took this picture outside his clay studio. What at first might look like a bunch of peppers or fingernail clippings to some is actually the solar eclipse filtered through thousands of pinhole lenses created by the leaves of a large Oak tree projected on the wood deck.

The eclipse was pretty cool, figuratively and literally. The temperature dropped when the eclipse started to take effect.

My house is right on the northern edge of the shadow's path, so I only got about 15 seconds of total eclipse. My daughter and I sat in the driveway and watched the shadow creep across the sun, then finally the shadow completely covered the sun and you had to take your eclipse glasses off to see the total eclipse. Then 15 seconds later I put my glasses back on, watched the shadow start receding. It was a very short view, but I didn't feel like driving south to get more in the center of the path.

I made a dollar when my neighbor bet me that the street lights wouldn't come on. So I've got that going for me. :)

Back