Electric Fuel pump wiring?

Lowtechprime

Retro Grouch
Trying to install an electric fuel pump in a '73 sedan. There is a wire coming out of the floor right where I need it, but I can't figure out what it's for. I can't find it on the diagram. it has just under 12vdc with the key on, but wouldn't spin the pump. It's a brand new pump, and spins when hooked to the battery. Any ideas? If I have to run a new wire, where would it come from?
IMG_20200404_183257700.jpg

128s that came from the factory with an electric pump would provide 12V only if in the start position or in the run position but with the oil pressure light out. I would follow that wire back to the dash to see where it goes although it certainly seems to be in the right place for the pump.

That's the positive to the pump. Are you sure you had a good ground to the little stud of the fuel pump?

Thanks for the replies!
Yes, had excellent, bare metal ground. I decided to use a relay and run power straight from Battery positive.. I was going to use that as the trigger wire but at only 10.4v, it wouldn't trip the relay. Now looking at doing the BBWM first to get more power at all the accessories...

Last edited:
Back