Electrical schematic -81

X19

True Classic
Hi
I have a 81 US spec X1/9 that need som fix on the electrical. A lot of wires not needed. Anyone have a link to a electrical schematic that fit for this car?

The Wiki is getting a bit weak of late. The entire carbureted area is empty as I was going to point someone to it but went to have a look first.

The Wiki is getting a bit weak of late. The entire carbureted area is empty as I was going to point someone to it but went to have a look first.
Hi Karl. I'm concerned about the carb area of the Wiki showing empty for you. Is this what you're seeing:
1589566328491.png

Mark, I'm seeing what you're seeing. I also verified that I see actual content behind the links.

Last edited:
This brings up a related question that may have already been answered before (sorry if it has). How is the "Wiki" section related to the fairly recent "best of Xweb" section? That's a bit of a loaded question I suppose. But my point is if it might be worth incorporating the two into a unified single source (if that's even possible)? Just a thought, not trying to make more work for anyone. However it seems that often members aren't even aware of the info in the Wiki or the best-of, so I'm wondering if bringing everything together in one location might make it more accessible?

I apologize, I should have been more explicit.

I will go and have a look. It could have just been the day (this was pre update of the forum).

Went and looked at some of the links:

There was nothing at the links for : Rebuilding, the lower exploded view and nothing at the Automatic Choke Setting. Air filters is also a dead link.

Additionally the Factory Manual shows a water heated choke for the carb but all of the current information on the Wiki does not.

I think there are some other areas where there is stuff missing.

Thanks

Karl

Last edited:
I clicked on each link under the Wiki's "Carburettor" heading. The "Rebuilding a carburettor"and "Automatic choke setting" links are dead. The other links work, some better than others. A couple link go to Pierce Manifolds and it appears that Pierce modified the layout and content of their website, thus making those old links inoperable. You basically land on Pierce's 404 page with the list of their content down the left side menu. I was able to click on "Explodes Views" in the left menu pf the Pierce site and find the diagrams. So the wiki link still gets you close.

Last edited:
Back