Hello Guys,

today I was really febrile, first run for my 86 X named Kermit and electronic speedo calibration!

I used my GPS for reference and I need only 4 stops and reset for calibrated my speedo.

With the "SpeedoHealer" it's so easy.

The SpeedoHealer extended calibration range is -99.9% to + 9999.9%.

The final adjustment was +256.0%. No more noise from mechanical cable... Yes!.:grin:
I'm very proud and happy of my electronic speedo.

Yves

img07701.jpg

img07651.jpg

img07641.jpg

img07691d.jpg

Last edited:
Trip meter reset question

I have my Punto cluster disassembled. How did you handle the offset trip meter reset shaft? I notice the Punto one is pushed instead of rotated.

img07691d.jpg

Wow. My new favorite X. Really looks great. Why haven't I seen more of this car previously?

As they say in da UP: Holy Wah! (its a northern Michigan thing).

Nice work.

Karl

Trip meter reset question

Steven,
give me a couple of days and I will pull out my cluster and take detail pitures of the trip meter reset button.

Are you used the Speedo Healer for matching the speed sensor also?

No hurry

Thanks Yves. No hurry.

At this point I have bought the VW sender and have a 130mph faceplate. I have the Punto speedometer/board out of the Punto cluster. I'll work on enlarging the odometer window in the faceplate but won't remove the X cluster for a while.

I'll buy a Speedo Healer once I'm at the point of removing the cluster from the X. This might not be until after Oregon 2012.

Steven,
give me a couple of days and I will pull out my cluster and take detail pitures of the trip meter reset button.

Are you used the Speedo Healer for matching the speed sensor also?

Karl, I really do not know, maybe because I just in northern and my native laguage is french ... language is not important we share the same passion.

Trip Reset Button Pictures

img10331c.jpg
Steven,

tripreset3.png

tripreset2.jpg

img10461.jpg

Assure you that the needle is below the zero and which touches the plastic.
In this way the calibration between the speedometer and miles traveled will be much more accurate.
img10331c.jpg

More reliable

Bernice thank you,
yes a lot of improvements were made ​​to make the car much more reliable.

I Yves
possible for you to refresh this post i think the post is to old i have no picture

Which picture did you want? I did this mod based on Yves directions. These are my pics - I don't have those that show cutting out the cluster housing to clear the speedo mechanism.

Cut up speedo location to fit

X19-LH24-00093c.jpg

tuck circuit inside cluster
X19-0118q.jpg

X19-LH24-00007.jpg

modify reset for plunger operation
X19LH24_00003.jpg

C2F24596-789B-416A-8031-22446B0616B1_zpszgalsonp.jpg

X19-LH24-00093b.jpg

speedo pickup, power & ground pickup on circuit board. Glued cover from punto cluster to cover speedo motor

X19-LH24-00093f.jpg

transmitter and socket required
X19LH24_00094.jpg

X19-LH24-00094a.jpg

SpeedoHealer

X19-LH24-00028.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics joe
You do your speedo conversion with volvo and yves with fiat punto right

JackB,
give me a day and I will refresh pictures of this post.
The modification was done 4 years ago and work without flaw.

Hussein, is the electronic speedo work properly for you ?

Yves

JackB,
give me a day and I will refresh pictures of this post.
The modification was done 4 years ago and work without flaw.

Hussein, is the electronic speedo work properly for you ?

Yves

Yes, no problems. Works accurately using your speedo healer settings.

We're not thinking about going electronic speedo, but thanks for the idea of running LED strips inside the instrument cluster. We are using elsewhere (including in the armrests and trunks), but never thought about the inside of the cluster. Awesome! My eyes can use all the light they can get!:)!:cool:!

Back