Euro 1500 pistons

CnC79X19

True Classic
Just spoke to the engine builder and seems that short of sleeving all 4 cylinders in our engine it doesn't appear that we'll be able to use the 1500 euro pistons that we had sent from England. This a huge longshot but I guess I'm asking if anyone out there might have a set of slightly oversized used flat top pistons in good shape that they would be willing to part with? At this point we really can't afford to buy new. Our stocks are 86.4 so I guess larger is what we're after? Shame cause these Euro's are in very good shape. This news will probably severely stall our progress. Bass fishing is just around the corner too

I realize you are seeking to buy pistons here, but what are the specs for the Euro pistons? And will you be selling them?

Not sure at this point Doc. Depends on how things play out. If we have to go with another 1500 block then obviously we'll keep them but trying the piston thing first. We have a Euro 1500 camshaft coming so the head, pistons, camshaft, ANSA exhaust and larger 34 (from the 2000) should place it just slightly more than a Euro spec 1500. Anyhow, they're stock 1500 Euro with the shallow cutouts so I'm assuming 86.4

Got ya. That will be a terrific set-up.

Just a thought, if your existing cylinder bores are the same size as the Euro pistons, can the machine shop hone them rather than re-bore them? With new rings (properly gaped) you could keep the Euro pistons. But it depends on the condition of the cylinders ('roundness', wear, damage, etc).

Maybe discuss the option with your machine shop, explaining about the piston availability and budget. They can advise what is possible.

Back